Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$138
  • Pool
Ravilious(Eastbourne)
US$115
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$130
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$92
US$83
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$146
US$69
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Congress Apartments(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$53
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

West Rocks Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$88
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewson arrivaljaneliftproprietorensuite
Reviewed 28 August 2016

The reviews here are very extreme - either a shambles or quirky and friendly. The location is good, rooms are ok for the price point, so it really depends on what you want from a landlady. Waiting 2 hours to check in whilst you hear the mobile phone you are supposed to call ringing unattended nearby is either completely unacceptable or you think sometimes people forget that the best thing with mobile phones is that they are......mobile, ie you take them with you when you pop out to watch tennis. There is nothing average about this place but I could not decide what the real rating should be here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
parkviewhotel2016, Owner at Park View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

The prices i charge do not allow for a constant receptionist.....apologies for leaving my mobile, so i could return within 2 mins.....but your friends did say they were waiting for you , and they knew where I was... watching the Tennis !!! It's why i live here, so i try to go over the road to watch it, play when i can ... It keeps me human !!Jane Manners

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

If you want a boring corporate hotel, don't come here. If however you want to enjoy yourself and want a welcoming and hospitable venue with good food and very friendly staff - come here! We'll be back!
Close to all amenities and theatre venues.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for appreciating what is on offer here.... hope we see you again ...

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We arrived at 2pm as suggested on the booking but had to wait 25 mins to get into the hotel. This would not have been an issue except we had a very tight deadline to be at an important engagement. Jane was very clear it was our fault, not hers. However, it should be noted that after some exchange of words Jane did upgrade our room, for which we were grateful (and is the reason we gave a 2, not 1 rating).

In all, the room was large and acceptable - we spent our night and happily checked out as quickly as possible the next day.

Jane did try to mend the broken bridges but the difficult nature of her character will mean we won't be going back.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aronjt

The prices I charge do not cover a full time receptionist...nor do i have sufficient rooms to warrent one ....
It is therefore important that you ring with your booking to request a specific time, if you have a deadline to meet... I only meet deadlines on request... otherwise we would be sitting there for hours waiting for guests to arrive ...

Thank You for staying Park View.. Just ring first next time to request you specific needs and we will do our best to meet them!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I really enjoyed my stay, I was here on a working venture as my company paid for the stay. I was very impressed with everything here, Jane our host was so nice she could not do enough to help.

I was given a with an en-suite with a very comfortable double bed. The room was very decorative you could see her passion for tennis. There was also a flatscreen tv with freeview channels.

All amenities were in great order.
I felt it was a home from home. very close to the promenade just 2 minutes walk away

One mornning I had slept in for work and Jane drove me to my job I cant rate highly enough.

Would gladly stay here again when I want a trip away in the summer with my girlfriend.

Room Tip: first floor can pick up wifi nice double room for couple
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Thank You...I appreciate your thoughtful review ...

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I without knowledge of Eastbourne selected this hotel due to its proximity to Winter Garden (Venue of our conference) This hotel looks reasonable from the outside but gives a false impression when inside.The cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. It is old fashioned and is run by Jane and two young boys and a girl There is a lift to three floors with room for only two people Jane is a lovely person but obviosly way out of her depth in the hotel business. There is a positive for this hotel Free parking

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank greenalan1
parkviewhotel2016, Owner at Park View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Yes ... we are very convenient for the Congress Theatre, Winter Gardens and of course the Devonshire Park Tennis ... so i can appreciate you valueing this ... It is why I bought this particular Hotel ... I love all three ... plus the sea of course ...
Yo will be please to know I have had the outside renovated and painted .. so it is looking rather lovely .. may be not your taste , but in keeping with it's age ...
however I have spent much more time renovating the interiors ... new carpets in many areas, new decor, new furunishings, so the only difference from what you can see on the phoes/webb site is that updating , replacing is a constant and continuing process .I do love Wiiliam Morris... which again may not be to your taste...it is very traditional... but I just lovely the natural use of colour and designs....and I feel it is in keeping with th e age of this Hotel ...
It is not large and grand, but then it doesn't say anywhere it is... so do please tell me where the falsehoods are .. I would like to know ....
By the way ... the PARKING IS NOT FREE......