Oban(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$142
  • Restaurant
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$88
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Afton Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$55
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$67
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$104
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Congress Apartments(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$67
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$223
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

All reviewson arrivaljaneliftproprietorensuite
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I without knowledge of Eastbourne selected this hotel due to its proximity to Winter Garden (Venue of our conference) This hotel looks reasonable from the outside but gives a false impression when inside.The cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. It is old fashioned and is run by Jane and two young boys and a girl There is a lift to three floors with room for only two people Jane is a lovely person but obviosly way out of her depth in the hotel business. There is a positive for this hotel Free parking

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank greenalan1
parkviewhotel2016, Owner at Park View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Yes ... we are very convenient for the Congress Theatre, Winter Gardens and of course the Devonshire Park Tennis ... so i can appreciate you valueing this ... It is why I bought this particular Hotel ... I love all three ... plus the sea of course ...
Yo will be please to know I have had the outside renovated and painted .. so it is looking rather lovely .. may be not your taste , but in keeping with it's age ...
however I have spent much more time renovating the interiors ... new carpets in many areas, new decor, new furunishings, so the only difference from what you can see on the phoes/webb site is that updating , replacing is a constant and continuing process .I do love Wiiliam Morris... which again may not be to your taste...it is very traditional... but I just lovely the natural use of colour and designs....and I feel it is in keeping with th e age of this Hotel ...
It is not large and grand, but then it doesn't say anywhere it is... so do please tell me where the falsehoods are .. I would like to know ....
By the way ... the PARKING IS NOT FREE......

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

Fawlty towers in Eastbourne. Not clean. From days of landladies in B & B's in the dim and distant past. Cheap was the only good thing you could say about it. Would not stay again. Plenty of better hotels in Eastbourne. I could see the funny side though.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GrahamN
parkviewhotel2016, Owner at Park View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Good fictional gendre... I like the style.... but rather meaningless, as nothing is clarified to respond to.... other than i love Faulty Towers... it never ceases to make me laugh, however many times I have seen it ...
I can therefore be happy if I made a miserable, unappreciative human being happy, when he is not sure, but doesn't quite approve of anything else ....
and as you say .. there are many large corporate Hotels in Eastbourne, charging 4 times the price of teh Park View ... try the Grand ... I think it is lovely !

Reviewed 24 August 2015

We arrived at 3.30 pm to book in but no one was there the place was open to anyone to walk into and take what they liked waited over a hour and still no one by then we been in the office which had all the keys to the rooms and I take it the whole building I rang the agent who I book with and they could not get anyone on the phone by now I was so mad so I took the keys and had them for a couple of hours before going back to which this lady was going in and we ask if she new who run the hotel and yes she did told her we need to cheek in and we have been there for over two hours she said we would just have to wait till someone comes as this is the norm and then we were told it was a gust house for people on benefits when the owner did show she try to say she was there the whole time not true and then I asked if she was missing anything and she said no I took the keys out and said what about theses and how do u think I got them she got very angry grab the keys and said well let's check u in yes right like we are staying there when anyone can walk of the street and let them self in very badly run would not recommend this hotel at all

Room Tip: Would not recommend this B and B as its not a hotel more for down and outs
Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christinelacey

This is a small, informal hotel...the actual building dates back to the late 1800's, so it is full of Victorian character. There are 6 floors, with a lift covering all but the top floor, which does create a problem if staff are on the upper floors seeing to rooms or guests.
On this particular ocasion, I was giving first aid to a small boy who had banged and cut his head badly, concerning enough to require being taken to hospital....so apologies for you having to wait one and a half hours past normal checkin at 2pm.
You are requested at the door to ring , so we can be contacted in the building, or elsewhere to attend to you. One of the staff would have then come down to you. It would be nice to have a full time receptionist, but I am afraid our pricing is such, we can not justify it at the moment.
There is a clear notice at the door, asking NOT TO LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN, but people like to pop to the car etc and forget ....
This Hotel does NOT have any benefit guests, it caters for all those who wish to RELAX and wind down for a break at the sea. I don't apologise for it being relaxed and informal, my goal is for guests to have a break from the normal daily pressures, so I am sorry you were unable to appreciate this ...
I do suggest you check your hotels before booking, to make sure it provides the facilities and specific requirements you want.. there many large corporate hotels in Eastbourne, but obviously at much higher prices. They will also be able to deal with your behaviour, should you not like anything....or behave somewhat at off character...hopefully.
I do request that all my guests RING TO CHECK ANY SPECIFIC REQUESTS... that is something we can offer that is often missed from the large corporate hotels...WE DO TRY TO CATER FOR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS...
Jane Manners

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend in July . We was here for the Extreme Fitness . I must say as soon as we walked into the hotel we was met by Jane , the proprietor , who made us feel very welcome , spent a good half an hour chatting about where we had come from and what we here to see, hotel room no9 was lovely , very clean and homely . Really enjoyed our stay and did say if we ever visited Eastbourne again we would certainly stay here if there was availability .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank You ... You introduced me to another sport... and LIVE ... at the Winter gardens ...I enjoyed having you to stay....

jane manners

Reviewed 21 July 2015

The location was the best thing about this hotel. Our room was not ready on arrival, we were offered tea while we waited but when we got to the room it hadn't been dusted or hoovered and there were empty shampoo bottles left in the shower. Bed was comfortable and clean but had spring sticking out of the side, my partner got big scratch on his leg. The young boys were very polite and helpful but the same cannot be said of Jane.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sue M

Apolgies that i was not able to give you the personal time you would have liked ... with a full changed over on the day, it is challenging to get everthing ready for guests arriving early ....
On that particular day, I didn't have time to check all the rooms, so I apologise for your room not being prepared to our usual standard..... had you informed me , I would have personally redone the room myself.
I apologise about the bed.. I would have rectified it immediately.. it now has a new mattress. Thank you for pointing it out .
Jane Manners