“2 night stay ( gift voucher) 11th & 12th August”
Review of Shore View Hotel

Shore View Hotel
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean & tidy 3rd floor room with ensuite & sea view.
Good location , close to pier , decent pub around the corner, 5min walk to Amy's cafe & for breakfast . Didn't try hotel breakfast. Friendly & helpful Reception - obtained £ 1 parking voucher which covered from check- in on Friday 2 pm through to 11 am Sunday ! Tip -, once you find a parking spot - don't move from it ! Had great weather & lots to do .

Room Tip: choose a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Shore View Hotel

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel first weekend of August and we LOVED IT!!!
When first decided to go to visit Eastbourne we tried to find the best value for the money. Reviews for the Shore view hotel were good with some exceptions, but since the moment we walked in it was great. We came by train me and my husband. Staff was amazing, rooms were sparkling clean, breakfast was so fulfilling and we couldn't see any flaws. We will definitely come to visit Eastbourne and stay at the Shore view hotel !

Room Tip: Choose the sea view rooms, they have the best views!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Family room size was ok, location perfect, but cleanliness awfull !!! After check in we found dirty pillowcases on a table, shoe print marks on a bed lining, dirty mirror with marks, and absolutely dirty bathroom with loads of long hair on a wall !!! I would never recommend that hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Better avoid this place
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Before I start this is going to be very very long, but I advise everyone to avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!

12 of us went down to Eastbourne for a powerlifting competition, we booked our flight to Gatwick, car hire and hotel all at the same time sitting in front of all 12 people, and separated it into different credit cards then transferred money over! Everything was paid for in advance! After delays ect and mess ups all over the place we eventually start our weekend from hell!

Show up to the hotel the staff were very unhelpful! But they told us nothing had to be paid because it's all been prebooked! They asked for a credit or debit card for each room "incase any damage is caused" so reluctantly we handed over the cards! Asked to change a room from a double to a twin room, which they said they had none left (which is fair enough) they told us the beds are single beds and pull apart anyways! So continued up to the rooms! Beds didn't separate, which again wasn't great but we got on with it! We had to pay for on street parking which we knew about anyways! However, what they do not tell you is parking is a totally no go zone! Double yellow, disabled parking loading bays ect are everywhere! Anytime we took the car out we spent anywhere from 30minutes to 2 hours finding a parking space! Which isn't much fun after spending the whole day lifting maximal weights you just want to get back get a shower and chill out!

They only ever have 1 person at reception, at any time! So on the Sunday when we were leaving we tried to go down for breakfast to be told we have to get a ticker from reception! Went to reception and waited in line for 30mins while someone was complaining about something else! We got a stupid bit of paper and went back to be told to sit down! Because of the extra wait we had to book for a late check out! Which was paid for in cash! We headed home and today I checked my bank account to notice a charge of £37.90 and one of £172.50, from shoreview hotel!

I phoned them up to complain the receptionist told me all the details, how it was booked from booking.com and that they have indeed taking those sums out! They have booked us in for another 2 night stay! Which we clearly didn't want or ask for as we are back home in Glasgow! I was told I need to send proof that this has happened by email! Asked to speak to a manager as I have a formal complaint to be told there is no manager present atall! Which i have never heard of before in a hotel!

Went to my bank, and they advised me that this sum is "pending" so it looks like they have taken the money out of my account after we have left! I had to take an overdraft out because this sum took me into an unplanned overdraft (which I'm getting extra charges for ) when I tried to phone the hotel back the phone rang for an hour! After which they answered and instantly hung the phone back up! I was advised to phone the local police and advise them of this and they have given me a crime reference number!

I have had to cancel clients today to be able to fully deal with this which is also causing loss of earnings!

I have still heard nothing back from them and hope this all gets resolved, however with the attitude of the staff it looks like it's going to be a very long drawn out process!

I would advise everyone to avoid this "hotel" at all costs! They seem to be good at stealing people's money

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ryanmobs
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The location is excellent, across the street from the beach, 5 minutes from city centre...so at that reasonable price, of course, it cannot be a 5 stars hotel... Some pros and some cons.

We were on the top floor (4th), sea view room.

Pros:
Great location
Large room
Clean sheets, hot water
Friendly staff at reception (special mention to Pawel, so helpful)
Breakfast slot quite long (8am to 11am) and a lot of choice + information on allergies
Very quiet on 4th floor - heard nothing at night

Cons
I am not sure the carpet of our room was vacuumed before we arrived.... or had been for a while in fact?
If you look closely, well, yes, definitely not a 5 stars hotel... cigarette burn hole in the sheet on my bed, stains on the bed, dust under the wardrobe....
Breakfast has lots of choice but not top quality British breakfast, bit oily....
Mattresses not most comfortable - did not bother us but if you are particular about bed comfort...

Most importantly, I paid an extra to have a sea view room... well, as we were under the roof (quite cute room), we had two very small windows on each corner of the room. One of the window had frosted glass...so, well, no view really! If I had not paid an extra for the view, I would have been satisfied with the other small window, tucked behind the bed next to the roof slope...but with an extra paid, I thought that was really a bit pushy...

practical info:
2 minutes from Tesco
5 minutes from main street
5 minutes from train station (less than GBP 5 the ride)
Be mindful that 4th floor is not accessible with lift that only goes to the 3rd floor
Good coffee (well better than hotel) in beach shop 2 minutes from hotel and open from 8:30 am

Room Tip: 4th floor not accessible by lift
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family