“Greasy and Grimy ”

Cuisines: British
Description: It is located right at the start of the Pier in Eastbourne
Description: It is located right at the start of the Pier in Eastbourne
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

By far the worst fish and chips we have ever had! We were looking for a traditional chippy being at the seaside of course and this place is in an amazing location, right at the base of the pier near lots of public benches were free, tempting and ideal!
Until... As we queue we saw the 3 staff, one of which (the 'chef') I believe might of been the owner all looked like they had faces like thunder, the service was shocking as the guy serving was taking to patrons with no patience or enthusiasm.
Once we received our food (scampi & chips and 2 x kids fish fingers) we were instantly caught by the colour, the chips were bright oil yellow! And when biting into the smaller crispy ones it was just like eating greasy fat! The scampi and fish fingers were terrible as well.
If I were to do it again I would have looked around more for a better place, such a shame as it is in a perfect location

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Barely warm chips, beef and onion pie (quite tasty) saveloy barely warm and more poor chips over 10 with a tea and coffee food served in paperbags literally thrown on the table drinks eventually arrived in takeaway cups if we had paid 6 in McDonald's we would have got better service and hot food the young man obviously doesn't enjoy his job

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Ray D
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

The most vile chips I have ever tasted, old , cold and burned!! Do not chance your luck here. Go over the road to Harry ramsden's. I had to throw them away as they were completely inedible .. shocking !!!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank sarahjX4582ET
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I'm from the seaside, visiting the seaside I expect good home cut proper chippy chips!
I can only assume these are frozen chips. The whole bag probably cost less than what they charge a portion. I should've known better & gone to a less touristy spot. But then why wouldn't you be the best chippy you can be in such a great location. A massive disappointment. Don't go there. I wouldn't if I had known.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Visited this place for lunch. All I can say is that it was awful. Firstly, the fish and chips "to eat in" are served on a polystyrene tray, with plastic forks, the bread roll came wrapped in its own little bag with a day sticker on it, either, indicating the day it was made or the day it was past its "sell by". It was difficult to tell! The fish was tasteless, the mushy peas looked (and tasted) like they'd been in - wait for it - its polystyrene cup for a week!!!

To cap it all, the staff (2 men an old one and a young one) never even said as I left goodbye or thank you.

This was a very expensive lunch and an experience I certainly won't repeat. I write this in order that you can spared from the worst fish and chips EVER!

You have been warned!