1,203 results
All reviewssea viewtraditional hotelsea frontafternoon tealovely hotellarge hotelwater pressurebeachy headpublic roomsfamily roomgroupon dealvery pleasant staysconesone night staycream teaweekend breakbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely appalled! I am still waiting for contact to be made by the manager at this hotel!
My boyfriend and I checked in on 14/8 and out the following day, thank god. After looking at the pictures on the website and reading previous reviews we feel very misled! Such a shame as the hotel is stunning from the outside and lovely downstairs. A little dated but I love the charm and looking at old photos in some of the lounge areas. Brilliant location 5 mins from the pier.
Where to start... Upon arrival we were not told about the ‘Airborne Festival’ which was being held on the opposite lawn. However it was being held 2 days after we checked out and signs were up for parking restrictions in the future. But apparently this set up happens early every year. After coming back from a wander later that night I looked out of the window horrified that my car had nearly been hit by lorry’s full of scaffolding ready to set up. Trying to fit through the tight gap left next to mine and another guests car. We both went out and moved further down with no apology from the idiots trying to squeeze through. The noise went on until midnight and started again approx 6.30am!!! Grr. After going down to reception all they could do was say sorry. We should have been warned about the noise. We weren’t the only ones to complain.
And now for the disgusting room. JUST LOOK AT MY PICTURES!! Now by no means are we snobs! But seeing it in daylight at 7am again was even more disgusting. When we arrived we were so tired from the drive we just sat and had a drink before venturing out. But well the pictures do speak for themselves. At 11.30 pm pulling back the bed runner to reveal what looks like tomato soup on your bed sheet is not acceptable. Pillows flat as pancakes probably as old as the hotel. Then nearly falling out of bed because the mattress is so sh*t. And when I pulled back the sheets further the base is pretty disgusting and thread bare. Could hear next door coughing and sure they could hear us to. We were room 323! And I apologise if you were next door.
Walls very marked, tea stains could easily wiped off, fag end left on balcony outside window, window sills going mouldy, scum in bath, water marks than need bleaching ergh.
The only good thing I have to say about this hotel and what is worth the 1 star was the breakfast. Dining room was pretty immaculate and food was lovely hot and fresh.
When we checked out it was all just apologies again. I was told to explain to who I thought was the manager who tbh just looked like a nervous wreck and had no idea what to say. Apparently not even a quarter of the rooms are refurbished and receptionist said we should have phoned the hotel direct after booking to ensure we got a ‘new’ room. Pfft! Nowhere online does it show the state of the majority of current rooms. The ‘manager’ then told me he would get the general manager to contact me that day so I left phone and email address and still nothing!
Do not waste your money. Pay the extra and go to ‘The View’ :@

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Location is superb, right on the seafront only minutes walk to promenade. Parking is on the street but the hotel provide a parking permit for just £1 p.day. The room was comfortable and just adequate in size to be called a reasonable double. The bathroom was just o.k. and could have done with an improved clean; quite a lot of dust and the mirror was grubby. In hot weather the room would have been very stuffy, even with the windows open. However there was a fan provided that would improve the ventilation. The breakfast was ok, but for £25 for two it didn't seem particularly special. On the Monday morning at 9am the breakfast room was very full and it took some time before a waitress took our order for tea and coffee; they had run-out of bacon and the queue to make toast was not worth the wait! It could be that a 9.30 end to breakfast serving during week days is too early and causing a peak at 9am.
The meal in the restaurant on the Sunday evening was very good; attentive staff and a quality wine at a decent price. A very enjoyable time all round. The steak was superb and the trout dish excellent.

Would certainly return to this hotel for a short break - just do something about the breakfast rush-hour!

Room Tip: front for sea view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jamieson B, General Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Roger, Thank you for posting your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I will be discussing your comments with the Housekeeper and the Restaurant Manager. I am however pleased that your Dinner on the Sunday was Excellent. On behalf of myself and the Team at the Lansdowne Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kindest Regards, Jamieson Berriman

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

First time in Eastbourne on business stayed at the Landsdowne Hotel. The hotel is very traditional and has an older clientele in the main. There is no air conditioning but the rooms have fans provided. The room was very comfortable I had a sea view. Only downside was the hairdryer which was in effective.
The food is good and the service excellent. All staff were helpful and courteous particularly the staff at breakfast.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again if in the area

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Linda, Thank you for posting your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you found our offerings and service excellent. I am On behalf of myself and the Team at the Lansdowne Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kindest Regards, Jamieson Berriman

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed before at this hotel. This time with granddaughter. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Large bathroom and we all enjoyed the breakfast. Will continue to use this hotel when staying at Eastbourne.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear David, Thank you for posting your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you were so comfortable and enjoyed Breakfast. On behalf of myself and the Team at the Lansdowne Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kindest Regards, Jamieson Berriman

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Great staff and good service only downside was no parking at hotel, however when we did get parked next to hotel it was only a £1.00 a day. Food was good and breakfast was great. Staff were extremely polite and helpful nothing to much trouble.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Danny, Thank you for posting your kind comments and FIVE STARS on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased your stay exceeded expectation. On behalf of myself and the Team at the Lansdowne Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kindest Regards, Jamieson Berriman