All reviews lick of paint dance floor waiting staff great weekend tea and coffee town centre cooked breakfast pier bandstand
Reviewed 22 May 2018

checkin was the only good part of the hotel, it is very dated and run down. There is a small bar. The prices change depending on who is working I noticed. The food is absolutely disgusting . I ended up leaving here a few days early and the days we did say we ate out. I would not rate this hotel above a one out of ten. Definitely never return.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank jgjymckay
LionsGroup, Manager at Mansion Lions Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking your time to review our hotel.

I am really sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations completely. In your review, you stated that you stayed with us more than one year ago. I would like to inform you that from that moment, management has changed and improvements have been implemented to ensure an excellent guest experience.

We would be delighted if you would consider to come back to show you the real standards of the Mansion Lions Hotel.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

A little tired? - Yes. In need of updating? - yes, but for a group of 33 NHS Retirement Fellowship members and friends from Maidstone we had a wonderful time. For all of us it was the wonderful attentive service from the staff that made our stay great. A special mention must be made to the dining room staff who did everything to make our stay enjoyable. Special mention must be made to George, Mitchell and Leodiron who were so efficient and worked so hard. Menu choices were varied, gluten free bread was readily provided but as a criticism the toaster needs replacing as it was so slow! Additionally a couple of our group would have liked more vegetables! This hotel is really not suited for private guests as we were one of two coach parties in and if I was there independently I might have felt a bit overwhelmed. All in all a good coaching holiday hotel and would not hesitate to return with another group!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrisgcook
LionsGroup, Manager at Mansion Lions Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Chris,

Many thanks for your recent review and for your nice comments about our hotel.

I will certainly pass all these comments on to our staff, specially to George, Mitchell and Ledion. I am sure they will be very grateful and glad to learn that you had a fantastic time.

Looking forward to have you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend with my Husband,was very disappointed for the money we paid,the only good thing was the breakfast! Room was very dated,lights didn’t work,hair dryer didn’t work,stains on walls,carpet and bedside lampshades,whole hotel needs a complete makeover!
Receptionist not very friendly or helpful,Parking a absolute joke! Defo will NOT be staying here again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca F
LionsGroup, Manager at Mansion Lions Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Rebecca,

Many thanks for taking your time to review our hotel.

I am really sorry to learn that the hotel did not completely meet your expectations this time. However, we have a maintenance team most of the time on site to sort any problems in the rooms and after checking our maintenance log, I can assure you there are no entrances about lights or hair dryers not working during your stay. We were almost fully booked, nevertheless we could have tried to sort any problems or change your room if your were not completely happy. Unfortunately to be able to assist you, you would need to report any problems to Reception.

We use the same parking system that most of the hotels in Eastbourne Seafront. I am really sorry the town was extremely busy during your stay and you probably struggled to find a parking space.

We would like to have another opportunity to show you the real standards of the Mansion Lions Hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

This was our third year at the mansions for a linedance weekend. Oscar the entertainments manager was so helpful in arranging everything for us. The hotel is lovely but is lacking some TIC,it could be amazing if a little money was spent on it. You cannot fault the staff,Alina on reception was so patient,they are all very friendly and attentive nothing is too much trouble and Ruben the manager is a star,again if there was a problem like the ballroom bar not being open because of issues,he made it his job to keep coming down to ask if anyone wanted drinks. The food was a bit hit and miss,some days good some days not so good. But overall our stay there was great and everyone enjoyed it, the sunny weather did help. We are looking forward to returning next year and hoping the ballroom bar will be clean and open. Sue x

Room Tip: The ground floor has some lovely rooms facing the garden,but my favourite room has to be on the 1st floor facing the beach front.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sue,

Many thanks for taking your time to give us some feedback about your last stay at The Mansion.

As always, it was a real pleasure to have such a nice group like the Southern Rebels staying in our hotel another year. It is always fun for all the staff :)

I would personally like to thank you, Michelle and Brenda for all your hard work during the weekend and for your willingness to cooperate with me and the rest of the staff to make of every of your weekends at the Mansion something special.

Looking forward to see you next year.

Ruben Reyes

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my other half stayed last year and bought my daughter with us this time. Yes hotel could do with a lick of paint and a little tlc but we paid £50 for 3 of us in a family room with breakfast. Staff are friendly. My daughter unfortunately got ill on the way here and was sick all day. The manager bought her soup and a bread roll once she finally stopped being sick. "no charge, really hope she feels better soon"
Like I've said cheep and cheerful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Natasha,

Many thanks for choosing us and for taking your time to review our hotel.

We are very grateful for your nice comments about the staff and the hotel and we really hope to see you back soon.