All reviews sea front single room mini fridge friendly receptionist including breakfast parking permit received a warm welcome full english small room breakfast was excellent tea and coffee location is excellent couple of nights an evening meal sea view room town centre short break
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I don't like writing poor reviews but I feel that in this case I need to.
This is a hotel that needs someone taking a long hard look at it. The confusion starts at the entrance where instead of the beautiful front door you have to go round by the side entrance - meaning that when you leave you are negotiating people eating their breakfast.
The rooms are tired and old-fashioned - the beds have blankets (yep even in that heat!) and very old fashioned bed covers; this is then combined with curtains that don't match and don't even fit the windows so there are gaps down each side, the curtain in the bathroom was half hanging off, a number of the lights around the bathroom mirror did not work, the "shower" on the bath was actually a tap extension, the room was really hot and although I accept that in a building of this age they are not going to have air conditioning I would have thought providing a fan would be possible.
Unfortunately all of this combined to an appalling night's sleep.
I would recommend that this hotel goes room by room and changes the bedding to duvets with just plain white covers, provides some decent curtains that fit the windows and allow you to block out the outside lights and ideally upgrades the bathrooms to proper showers.
Sadly I won't be staying again.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank BrightonCoco
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here recently and paid approx £90 for bed and breakfast. The room was basic, as was the bathroom but both were clean. We paid an additional £5.00 each for breakfast which was okay too. Nothing fancy ... We got what we paid for and that was fine!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This is the second time that my friend and I have stayed at this hotel, and may stay again because it's location is EXCELLENT. It overlooks the beach and the pier, the Hippodrome theatre is less than a five minute walk and the station is around 10 minutes away via some really nice independent shops. When I entered my room it wasn't very clean. The sheets weren't as white as I'd expect, there was dust on the carpet and the last guest's empty shampoo pot was still in the shower. I didn't complain about any of this. My issue was that the window hinge was broken so I couldn't shut it and the noise from the road kept me awake all night. When I asked the man on reception if I could be moved to a quieter room for the second night, he was REALLY rude to me and left me feeling like a small child having been told off by a grumpy grandfather. So, why have I still given it three stars? The breakfast was AWESOME, and superb value at £5. Also, the other staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I visit Eastbourne at least once a year and so many hotels seem to be closing down. I sincerely hope that the Riviera doesn't go the same way. PLEASE remember, Riviera's owners, that rude staff upset customers and cleanliness is very important.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank fourcats130
Reviewed 8 June 2018

We have just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We are 6 pensioners and all have the same opinion. We all had single rooms and the rooms were very clean but basic. The mattresses on the beds were really comfortable. We only had breakfast but the choice was great and beautifully cooked, congratulations to the chef! The staff were very friendly and were very obliging.The whole dining and lounge area was welcoming and very clean and fresh. Would certainly recommend this hotel for value for money and comfort.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I stayed here at the weekend with my husband and two couples (friends). We arrived before check in so I purchased a parking voucher from reception. Very friendly young lady. We went to a local pub for some drinks and lunch. I went back a bit later to check in and change for the evening. Again the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The room was on the first floor and it was an ample size, clean and had everything we needed. We spent the evening in the local pub and also seeing a band at the bandstand. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast on Sunday was until 10.30 which is always good after a night out. Everything was cooked fresh and plenty to choose from/eat. It was all very good and we all enjoyed it. There was a selection of juices and filter coffee and tea. The waitress was very friendly, happy and helpful. The other two couples said their rooms were fine and beds were comfortable. We try and go to Eastbourne a couple of times a year and we have stayed in various hotels but I will try this hotel first before booking anywhere else. It's a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: We had 138
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends