“Perfect!”

Cafe Metro Ristorante - Pizzeria
Ranked #91 of 455 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Description: Freshly cooked Italian & French food in modern European style. Pizza, Pasta, Vegetarian, meat and fish. A range of deserts and drinks available.
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We found this little gem the night before The South Coast Challenge which demanded pasta for the journey. This place did not disappoint. We had spaghetti pomadoro which was huge both in portion size and flavour. For me what really made it was the charming waiter who put my bag on a chair as it was bad luck being on the floor; he was kind, funny, and made our evening. If I ever return to Eastbourne I know where I'm going for dinner!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic welcome, great service and fabulous food all for very reasonable prices.. this restaurant deserves a higher profile.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This place should be busier, but we were relatively early on a Tuesday night. I believe the owner met and sat us, and then proceeded to give us a platter of free garlic bread with our drinks - absolutely scrumptious, warm and fragrant. We then very much enjoyed our meals and drinks, I was given a hugely generous glass of rose, and then when I asked for a further small one, was given another huge one, and not charged! Amazing... we were also given a free dessert of apple strudel with icecream. Admittedly not very Italian, but it was a welcome plate of sweet and warm and spicey apple strudel.... We would go again if visiting Eastbourne, this sort of service and generosity is so rare nowadays.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance but I am so glad we did! We were given a warm and friendly welcome from the owner himself, who continued to serve our table throughout the evening. The restaurant had a lovely relaxed atmosphere, and you felt at ease - not being rushed at all! The food was absolutely incredible; between us we had garlic bread, bruscetta, muscles, pepperoni pizza, carbonara, linguinie with salmon and a bottle of prosecco. Every one of these dishes was sensational and I would 100% return to this restaurant if I came back to Eastbourne! Thank you to the owner for making our evening so enjoyable!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We had the pleasure of eating at Cafe Metro yesterday - and I am very keen to share our experience.
We were greeted by a warm and friendly staff into a very attractive restaurant. The menu was an eclectic mix of French & Italian. The food was fantastic, portions large and filling. The house red wine was a lovely smooth fruity flavor. If you want an enjoyable eating experience, you couldn't find a nicer and more welcoming restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017