Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Autograph
TravelocityUS$468
Hotels.comUS$468
Prestigia.comUS$485
1,564 results
All reviews kids club colony club water sports water taxi ice lollies junior suite omelette crystal cove banana boat water skiing sister hotel egg station spa pool paddle boarding fresh towels jet ski sun loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2022

Arrived after long journey from Manchester via Heathrow. First impressions were not favourable sorry to say. Reception was reasonably quick. Was taken to room (it was after 6pm) to find a man hanging net curtains and room having not been cleaned thoroughly. Back to reception to speak to Manager who had taken us to room initially. Asked for another room but none had view that 301 had. A cleaner was called out and gave room once over. That night curtains wouldn’t close properly so we went to bed thinking things can only improve. The curtain issue was sorted early next day.

Once sorted room was excellent with power shower and toilet/sink in one room and a further sink in a separate room with large store cupboard incorporating safe, ironing board etc. Bed was large and super comfortable, room was spacious incorporating a large sofa also. There were patio doors providing a sensational view out over the ocean and a further window/door affording views of the pool. Cleaning was done every day to a very good standard.

Drinks - Initially we were offered only local drinks with mixers from a multi use tap which were not very satisfactory. I noticed labelled drinks in a cabinet and when I enquired about them I was told all I had to do was ask for them! The same applied to labelled mixers which were kept in a cabinet out of sight. Once sorted we enjoyed the drinks variety with mimosa’s and the spirits it was all good. Special mention to Joseph who was very friendly and kept the drinks flowing. Also to Cheranne (hope I’ve spelt that right) who very kindly helped my wife providing ointment for mosquito bites and who gave us a lift down to Oistins on the Friday which was above and beyond.

Food - I found the food quite repetitive on the fixed menu and the quality was hit and miss. Some was very good but some left a lot to be desired. I found the concept of a range of curries on a set menu one day with no alternative a strange option. When we explained why we wouldn’t be having evening meal the concierge very kindly arranged for us to dine at the hotel next door. I found myself eating lunch at 246 Bar something I wouldn’t normally do in that heat as insurance against the vagaries of the fixed menu.Breakfast buffet was good and Ether was very friendly and created some lovely egg dishes for us. It was plentiful with lots of options available. The main issue was the birds, if you left toast on the table you would find a hole in the middle on your return.

Grounds - the sea wall behind 246 Bar had collapsed meaning you couldn’t dine near ocean which was disappointing. It was cordoned off and looked shabby. The grounds were well maintained. Pool was nice and inviting but lounger cushions were grubby and one I sat on came apart into two pieces. Loungers on beach were crammed in and the beach was uneven making positioning them and sitting on them quite awkward. Levelling the beach and putting some proper steps in would be beneficial.

In conclusion the best assets of the hotel are it’s location on the west coast and it’s staff who were incredibly friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you could want.

Room tip: Best view from a room I have ever had. Room 301 was spectacular shame about the two flights of steps!
Date of stay: August 2022
Antonia Hinds - Operations Manager, Other at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2022

Dear charlesbrox,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Though off to a seemingly rough start, I am pleased to learn that the team was able to turn it around for you in the end. At Tamarind, our aim is to ensure each and every guest has a memorable stay, and it is great to know that our staff played such a major role in helping you do just that. We hope to see you again!!

Reviewed 5 September 2022

The shining stars of Tamarind are the staff. They are genuine, friendly and hard working.

However; the grounds are in desperate need of repair (see pictures).

-The beach wall by 246 restaurant has collapsed, rendering it unusable and unsafe. No seaside dining as advertised on their website. This was a major disappointment to my entire vacation.
The concierge was helpful in making reservations at sister properties, but the expense of getting there and back is your responsibility.

Due to this collapse the beach below is unusable as well. The beach that is useable is jam packed with loungers right on top of one another.

-The cushions for all the loungers are in bad shape and need replacing.

-If you plan on snorkeling (and you should), you need to bring your own gear. Covid has prevented the distribution of gear, which to my major disappointment, found out too late (I have several sets at home that I did not pack because the website advertised snorkeling). Dave at water sports saved my vacation by taking me to shop where I could purchase a snorkel. I can’t thank you enough Dave. The reef right off the beach is brilliant. Full of fish you can re-visit on a daily basis.

--The bar is fairly stocked. No Banks beer (local beer) which was disappointing. We walked across the street to the gas station to purchase some for our room. Only one type of rum, Mount Gay (local rum), but only white and dark. Mount Gay has several delicious rums that are not stocked at Tamarind.

Christopher at the bar is management material. Tito and Ray were always willing to listen to my unusual drink requests.
Akeila never let my sparkling wine gets below half full. She was lovely.

-Positano, next door is part of the dining exchange program and is worth going. You cannot go to their bar and have a drink on the seaside deck unless you book a dinner reservations. I found this unusual.
So, make a dinner reservation for 7:00 pm and go at 6:00 to sit on the deck and watch the sunset with a cocktail.
Colony Club is a “sister” property, but you have to pay for all meals and drinks. You can use their beach and loungers and pool only. The grounds are glorious and worth a visit.

-Take a water taxi ride even is you don’t want to visit the sister properties. It’s a free way to see the magnificent west coast.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing Highway 1 - I can imagine they are noisy as this is a main road.
3  Thank Nordicblonde21
Antonia Hinds - Operations Manager, Other at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2022

Dear Nordicblonde21,

Thank you for taking the time to share aspects of your recent stay with us. From what you have highlighted, there are still some areas that need additional attention by our team, and I give you our promise that we will continue to do just that to ensure that the overall holiday experience with us is a 10/10.

I am pleased to learn, though, that you managed to explore some of our sister properties and their offerings, as this is something that continues to set us apart from the competition. Perhaps on your next visit, you might be inclined to try even more of what we have to offer as a group, as we continue to try to exceed our guests' expectations at every turn.

All the very best to you!!

Reviewed 29 August 2022

Wonderful setting with friendly staff, great food (Ether made wonderful omelettes), facilities (pools, beach, water sports, bar). The room was clean and comfortable for the little time we spent in it and big enough for the 4 of us (two girls aged 6 and 8).

A minor thing we found could be improved - vegetarian options for children, especially when the menu is a La Carte

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AndrewCrook75
Antonia Hinds - Operations Manager, Other at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2022

Dear AndrewCrook75,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that we were once again able to grant you and your family that special holiday experience. I have noted your feedback on the vegetarian options for children and will be sure to share this with the culinary team. Thank you once again for choosing Tamarind and all the very best to you!!

Reviewed 28 August 2022 via mobile

Just had a fabulous week at Tamarind with our family. Everyone had an amazing week. As all inclusive packages go, this one is excellent.
The food was absolutely delicious. Every evening felt like we were dining a la carte, with full table service and a different menu each night to select from. This was a lovely surprise as we’d assumed it would be all buffet. The chefs are wonderful as are the hotel staff in the restaurant, pool bars and reception.
Buffet breakfast and Lunch service is a choice of buffet or a la carte at the restaurant.. both lovely food.
The wine and cocktails were also top notch..
Our children, 24, 22 and 16 made the most of the inclusive water sports every day and did waterskiing, tubes, banana, Hobicats, kayaking and swimming with turtles ( extra charge for the trip). Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MrsTatt
Antonia Hinds - Operations Manager, Other at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2022

Dear MrsTatt,

I see that we managed to tick all the boxes on your family trip. Thank you so much for sharing your comments, especially those about food and beverage, as this is an experience we are currently working on to improve. As a hotel, Tamarind also tries to cater to families of all ages, so learning that your adult and teenage children found so many enjoyable things to do each day is testament to our efforts at making holidays fully inclusive. Hopefully we get to welcome you all back again very soon, but in the meantime, do continue to stay safe and thank you once again for choosing Tamarind.

Reviewed 26 August 2022

Thanks to everyone at Tamarind Hotel for making our stay so enjoyable - 10 of us , two Families of 5 (older children 13+).

We stayed at the Tamarind recently (Aug22) and had a fab time. Rooms were clean and comfy with ocean views that you just can’t get tired of . Staff were all amazing without exception but would like t o mention Antonia / Kwasi/ Alicia (concierge) in particular - thank you.
Food was plentiful. Breakfast always welcome , lunch whenever we could fit it in and the a la carte evening meal was supplemented by small buffet and the all day menu - as has been mentioned in other reviews maybe a little more authentic cuisine would not go amiss (such as jerk chicken or goat curry) as a daily standard dish .

Drinks were free flowing and always happy to top up the glass , which in the case of red wine resembled a vase rather than a glass! (Again no complaint…)

The water taxi to the nearby elegant resorts is a lovely touch and enables you to see the resorts elsewhere.
Recommend the Drifters deck at CRystal Cove for lunch , makes a change.
Colony Club can be visited for food but no drink as far as I understand.
Also worth a look - nice beach and pools .(via the watertaxi)

Positanos (ex Daphnes) and Waves are both worth considering as alternatives for evening meals. Both decent .

Entertainment in the evenings was very limited. Imagine this will gradually grow as the situation improves post Covid. The group that played Sunday lunchtime were excellent

Thanks again.

1  Thank 1se7_11

Dear 1se7_11,

The title of your review says it all!! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for singling out those staff members (I see I made the list as well :) that made your trip that more special. It is always heartwarming when reviews like yours are shared with the team, and this one will be no different. As a group, we continue to work on improving on everything that we do, so thank you once again for your comments. All the very best from the staff and management of Tamarind.