“Stunning place”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$59.84*
and up
Snorkel and Kayak Tour to Angthong Marine Park by...
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Ang Thong
More attraction details
Owner description: These 40 islands, spread over approximately 97 square miles in the Gulf of Thailand, are characterized by hundreds of limestone monoliths, carved into fantastic shapes by years of erosion.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I booked this day trip and I can honestly say we weren't disappointed. If you get the big boat it is an hour and a half to get to the island but we didn't mind this. The kayaking was great fun and the views where just breath-taking. The food they supplied was gorgeous and plenty of drinks were available. All in all we had a great day.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,187)
All reviews
"worth the climb"
in 21 reviews
"private boat"
in 18 reviews
"ang thong national park"
"clear water"
in 25 reviews
"great trip"
in 31 reviews
"marine life"

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Went to Angthong with a group of people (arranged tour) whom we were on Koh Samui with, trip out to the Islands was excellent. Calm water, light breeze to keep us cool and the sun was behind cloud cover so not to hot. Once we got to the first island, the sun was out and it was really hot. Bring a good cover-up shirt and hat as there aren't too many places to escape the sun. Views are spectacular. Beaches were great. The snorkelling was just okay. Was a bit murky the day we went, could have been tide, could have been because it was busy. If you're not use to being on a boat for longer than 30 minutes, go prepared with something for motion sickness. Ride back was a little bumpy but nothing out of the ordinary. Smell of Diesel from the boat we were on was strong but again, nothing to complain about. Definitely recommend if you have more than a few days in/around Samui.

1  Thank jpmullowney
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My kids asked me last election why I was voting Green. My answer was; if we lose the environment we live in, what else matters?
I thought about that as I looked at the rubbish littering the beach, washing in from the ocean.
I've been snorkelling since I was a kid and diving for thirty years so I was looking forward to doing so here but there was little to see. If fact, you would be hard pressed to find any snorkelling/diving spot in Australia with less marine life.
I hope the wonderful Thai people can find a way to balance exploitation and preservation of the marine environment but I fear it is already too late.
As much as I hate to quote Don Henley; "call some place Paradise, kiss it goodbye".

4  Thank Badwolf3
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We did the standard day tour and it was a day well spent. Don't forget the Dramamine! The speed boat ride is long (1 hour+) and the water can get VERY rough. There were a couple of women that looked completely miserable. The snorkeling wasn't great (the water was a little murky and we didn't see many fish) but I'm not sure if that was a result of the rough water/weather or because we'd just come from the Great Barrier Reef so our bar was pretty high. The Emerald Lake stop is beautiful and well worth the hike up the steep staircase. We also stopped at a beach and were the only tour there, so it was nice to feel a little isolated and fun to kayak around in the ocean. Although I thought it was weird that they didn't give us life jackets... Another tour came as we were leaving and they did have life jackets so it must've just been a difference in the tour companies.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent the day out at Angthon with my daughter. We booked with one of the standard companies at our hotel (Baan Samui). I am lucky to have visited the park 25 years ago when tourism in the park was yet to be what it is today; herds being ferried from one pitstop to the next with little explanation or deepening of appreciation for how important National Parks are to our planet. That being said, after witnessing the slaughter of the environment on Samui, it was refreshing to get out to the park and a more natural environment. Our tour was standard fare and involved an hour of snorkelling an ok reef with a few interesting fish; hiking up and down some steep and challenging steps (I love a good workout) to see the amazing lagoon in the centre of an island; a fun hour of kayaking around a little island, with glimpses into caves and visits from interesting sea birds and even a couple of monkeys; a visit to the pretty park head quarters; and a very average lunch.
Having travelled to many places in South East Asia, I think Angthon has fared well in comparison. It would be wonderful to see the tours provide visitors with an opportunity to learn more about the incredible environment and then hopefully deepen their appreciation of how important these Marine Parks are. But I guess it's a two way street; tourists need to appreciate how fortunate we are to be visiting these places ( hello to all those STANDING on the coral bombies yesterday!!!) and the local operators and stakeholders need to be more committed to the park to ensure it is preserved for many many years to come. If you are planning a trip, I suggest you are prepared to get a bit physical- get amongst the fish, don't be afraid to sweat it out on the steps! Why come all this way to just sit on another beach? That being said, if you aren't up for the physical challenge you can still enjoy the day.
Overall, I had a great day getting out and exploring and I recommend this trip for most people especially families with kids old enough to swim and to undetand the concept of a nice cream bribe to get them up a rather long and steep set of stairs!!

3  Thank 1968Michelle