1,153 results
All reviews beach bar main building plunge pool beautiful resort concierge staff beach attendants our honeymoon star service st martin private beach beach service breakfast buffet is bedroom suite orient express tennis courts luxury hotel water sports
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Words can't not do justice to this magnificent property. The location, accommodations, food and staff are out of this world. Simply put you must experience it yourself to understand this special place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We have stayed at Belmond La Samanna the last 2 years and love the hotel and the island of St. Martin. We were planning on making another visit in March 2018. Now with Irma, we are not sure what to do. The island looks to be in very bad shape. I have been unable to find any pictures of La Samanna to see how much damage the hotel has sustained. Does anyone have a view?

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
87  Thank daschicago
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Visited early August for about our 30th time or so since we started going to La Samanna just after hurricane Luis hit the island. It only gets better with each trip. The beach is perfect, food is great, and rooms are nice - but it's all about the great staff, our friends now, that keeps us coming back. I hope you are all well, recover quickly, and we can have a cold Carib before too long.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
15  Thank Sammycain
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend coming in from St. Barths. The property and view was breathtaking as soon as we walked in. The welcome rum punch drink is a great touch and the staff is welcoming and went out there way to make our stay enjoyable. The room had the best view direct access to the beach with a back patio to relax and enjoy the view. My highlight were the bartenders! they were so friendly and mixed the best drinks! will definitely be returning with some friends!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbbonelli13
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at this property in early July. The first room (one bedroom oceanfront suite) that they put us in had such a tiny shower that we requested a different room. They did warn us that the new room was directly behind the beach bar and would not have a great view. We were fine with that because the first room did not have a great view. We switched rooms and then realized that the cable television was not working in the new room. They did not seem to care to fix the problem and it was a constant issue in the four nights that we were there. They did give us a discount on our bill when we checked out which was nice. Fast forward to August 31, 2017, almost two months later. I receive an email from the property saying that I owed them $516.00 in taxes that they forgot to charge me. They asked if they could use the credit card that they had on file. I politely responded to the email explaining that we did not feel that we owed that money and pointed out that we had issues with the cable television the entire time during our stay and that I had misplaced my Chanel sunglasses either at the beach bar or I left them in the first room that we were put in and I felt like a staff member failed to turn them in to lost and found. They told me they would do an investigation of the sunglasses and would follow up with me upon completion of the investigation. I never received a follow up regarding the sunglasses and instead I get an email asking for more money. I ended my email telling them that they are not authorized to charge the card that they have on file. The next day I get a call on my cell phone asking for the four digit security code so they could charge my card. I again explained to them that they were not authorized to charge the card and that my email stated that. The lady said she thought my email said that they could. I told her to go back and read the email and my reasons for not allowing the authorization. Two days later, September 2, 2017, my husband gets an email from American Express stating the resort tried to charge his card but they entered an incorrect four digit security code so the charge was declined. I made it very clear they were not authorized to charge the card and instead they still tried. This is very concerning to me and therefore I do not recommend this resort.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple