1,160 results
All reviews beach bar main building plunge pool la cave beautiful resort concierge staff beach attendants st martin private beach beach service bedroom suite ocean front water sports recommend this resort amazing beach lounge chairs wine cellar
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I stayed here from 2/25-3/1 with a large group. It's a beautiful, well maintained resort. The rooms are great. Very clean, spacious & pretty. Comfy beds, all with an ocean view. I was inside the 2 bedroom cottages on the beach, and OMG, simply stunning. The beach is also perfection. Very private. Even with the hotel being sold out, there was still always plenty of room at the beach and the pool. Never had any problems getting chairs. My only negative thought about this resort is the food. It was really disappointing. I had breakfast there everyday, dinner 2 nights and lunch on the beach one day. I think the best thing I ate was chips & guacamole. Don't even try to get steak- even people who love an extremely rare steak said it was way too rare. Even after we asked them to make it more well done. I heard that in the past the food has always been outstanding. Maybe they got a new chef. Or maybe it was because it was such a large group. Nonetheless, that is my only drawback. Given that, would I stay here again? Yes. There are plenty of outstanding restaurants in St. Martin! Luckily, this resort isn't an all inclusive.

Room tip: Room 107 is a great choice if you can't afford the beach cottages. It has a giant walk in closet w/ vanity, so its very spacious. Plus, the toilet seat is heated!!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jaime71778
LaSamanna, General Manager at Belmond La Samanna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

Dear jaime71778,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the resort. I am very happy that you enjoyed the beach and the resort’s facilities and found the rooms, particularly our beachfront 2 bedroom cottages to be stunning. I am sorry to read that the food was disappointing. I will make sure to share your comments with the Chef and his staff. Thank you again for your time in reviewing Belmond La Samanna.

Reviewed 2 March 2015

My wife and I were here for a business conference from 2/25/15 - 3/1/15. Even though we were with a large group occupying over 80% of the hotel capacity, we found the service level at the resort to be outstanding. Everything from room service to concierge to beach service were all excellent. The internet service was also excellent. The bed was comfortable, and the AC worked well. Tennis pro, Angel, was terrific. The hard court and soft courts are in excellent condition. Our breakfast buffets were outstanding. The evening buffets were also outstanding and perfectly prepared.

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The resort is inside a locked and attended gate and seems to be very safe and secure.

We highly recommend this resort.

Room tip: All rooms have ocean view. Recommend a top floor room with a balcony.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chipRaleigh_NC
LaSamanna, General Manager at Belmond La Samanna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Dear chipRaleigh_NC,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We thoroughly enjoyed having your group stay at the resort and I am so happy that your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel and the food. I will share your comments with the staff, especially with Angel. We certainly hope you that your group comes back to Belmond La Samanna for the next offsite.

Reviewed 27 February 2015

When one first arrives in St Matin one can only be derepressed by the tackines. But 10 minutes in a car one turns off the road to Marigot and enters a different wold.
Immaculately maintained and updated by the former Orient Express La Samana exudes a timeless elegance for its 8 or so units spread along the shore.
Our suite was adequate in size, recently updated and had direct bech access.
The breakfasts were as good as anywhere and I loved the ratatouille they served some mornings.
Lunches were by the pool bar.
And dinners , the great thing about La Samana is it is 15 minutes to Grande Casse where one can choose from literally a dozen good dining spots (it is even closer to Marigot).
The Trellis, their restaurant I found a little formal and stuffy.
My only complaint, and one that means I won't return when I need to be really connected it the internet. SLOW & LOUSEY. Swisscom their provider just doesn't cut it.
When I complained I was given double talk about their problems yet at Cap Jalucca on nearby and significantly less developed Anguilla the internet was perfect, even on the beach.
If they put the same effort into internet they do in baking the worlds best macaroons (which they do) the internet problem would be solved.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank venamo
LaSamanna, General Manager at Belmond La Samanna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2015

Dear Venamo,
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that your suite and the food was to your liking. I am sorry to hear that the internet connection was too slow for you. We are in the process of switching providers to be able to offer a faster wifi for our guests. I will make sure to share your comments regarding our macaroons with our Pastry Chefs. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

If you are looking for a great place to stay with an excellent location, fantastic service and wonderful amenities, La Samanna is the place! We stayed at La Samanna on our honeymoon and were so pleased with our choice. Surely it is pricey but it is well worth it, particularly for a special occasion.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear MLb154,
Many thanks for taking the time to review us. I am so happy that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us and that it was a perfect choice. I will share your comments with the staff as they are always pleased to know that our guests are happy. We look forward to welcoming you back. All the best to the newlyweds from the staff at Belmond La Samanna!

Reviewed 25 February 2015

We have stayed at the Belmond La Samanna for 4 days. It was absolutely amazing! Great and huge rooms, friendly staff, really nice beach and great food !.
We stayed at the beach almost every day because this is the best beach on St Martin with a great beach club! Great Service from Olivier!

We had a great time and will definitely come back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TerencevdValk

Dear TerencevdValk,
It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours. I am very happy to read that you found the rooms, the staff , the beach and the food all to your satisfaction and liking. I will certainly make sure to share your comments with Olivier. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back very soon.