All reviewsgas stovewell stocked kitchenlovely weekendfantastic staylog cabintwo nightsrathwoodhammockstentscampfirefiresfacilitieshenshostsfridgefarm
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Unfortunately I did not get to stay here but I booked for 14 of my friends for Good Friday night,we were travelling from all around Ireland and many of my friends had taken half days off work to get there early on the day. Belinda cancelled with very short notice on the Friday and simply told us that it was too windy, even though there was no pre-warning of this when I had booked 6 weeks in advance. It was two of my friends birthdays and it really ruined our night as we had nowhere to meet up then. I understand weather can be a problem but she never even offered us an alternative like coming another night or the following weekend. To top it off she put up a Facebook status this week showing pictures of people staying at the site on said weekend,so obviously it was just too windy for us. I was very disappointed as I heard it was a great venue, I defintely wont take the chance of booking again and having my weekend ruined.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amy O
Aquaba, Manager at The Old Forge Glamping, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Unfortunately you are one of two groups ever to be cancelled due to weather conditions and again you and your group have our sincere apologies. Nobody wanted you to come and have a great time more than us.
We have to make a call on weather conditions for the comfort and safety of our campers. It is glamping but glamping is still camping after all.

Fortunately after that Friday the weather did pick up for the rest of the weekend so the rest of our bookings went ahead. I am sorry that it upset you to see other people enjoying the glamping when your group had been cancelled.

Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for the wkend and loved every minute of it, we had a bell text which was beautifully decorated and the facilities were top notch! We throughly enjoyed our stay and our hosts were so kind and friendly, can't wait to visit again

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

Great glamping spot especially for kids . Had a great time cooking on open fire first night and kids loved collecting sticks in the woods .very well run with friendly service cooking facilities indoors for the rainy days area has loads to do

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2014 via mobile

I visited The old Forge Glamping site with Some friends and we had an absolute great time , the Bell tents and Yurt are great.Cozy and pretty . The views are amazing from the Glamping Site .The Facilities for the Site are great .
The local pub is 25 min walk away and the staff in the pub are friendly and can't do enough to ensure you enjoy the country pub experience Its a great site and highly recommended. I will definitely be going back next year .

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank blaagirl
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just returned from Old Forge Glamping where myself, sister and my nieces spend 2 nights in a yurt. The yurt itself was gorgeous and very spacious. We had proper full size beds, pillows and duvets, there are hot water bottles also just to make sure you're extra cosy in the night.

The coach house (kitchen area) has everything that you need from dining tables, a sofa, tv, fridge, cooker, pots, pans etc. There are BBQ's to use, camp fires and plenty of seating areas with table and chairs.

The setting is beautiful, so peaceful and you have chickens wandering around the grounds. Belinda is a diamond and will make sure your stay is most comfortable and enjoyable. Belinda even arranged for the girls to go horse riding down at a local stables (highly recommended, they loved it).

There is also so much to do in and around the area. Belinda has a full list of activities, places to go, walks etc that she will provide you with.

We hope to visit from Scotland again one day!!

Leianne, Bobi, Milli & Poppy

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the yurt!!
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family