“Discover scuba with daughter ”

Ocean Spirit Dive Center
Book In Advance
US$113.93*
Discover Scuba Diving beginners and children over 10 welcome
US$45.57*
Single Scuba Dive
US$209.86*
and up
Shark Scuba Diving Safari (qualified divers only)
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Pereybere
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From the day you arrive, you are among friends. Our Dive Masters give great briefings focusing on safety, and they know their fish and love their world. ​ We offer PADI training packages and Island and Shark Safaris. We dive all the great dive sites around the North including cleaning stations, deep dives, wrecks and aquarium-like reef sites. ​ After a shower back at the dive center, we sit around the table enjoying Mauritian snacks, beer or juice and plan the next dive adventure. ​ Why don't you join us?
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This trip meant a lot to me as father. Is was a trip specific for my daughter and I . Our first time scuba diving. From the first time I contacted Ocean spirit (Riki) , I felt the professionalism and it continued throughout the Discover Scuba diving course. From the moment we stepped in we also felt a very friendly and kind atmosphere. Our personal " Guide" instructor , Maria where just one of a kind. She made us feel safe. Off course Maria is not alone and I wants to thank all of the staff.
Sincerely Peter

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
OceanSpiritMauritius, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Spirit Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you for the lovely review and for experiencing your first father / daughter dive with Ocean Spirit. Hopefully you will enjoy many more wonderful diving experiences together.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We came upon Ocean Spirit via local friends whilst we were on holiday. My wife and I are open water divers who havent dived in a few years, and our children simply wanted to try out diving for the first time. Both of us got exactly what we wanted diving with Menon, Emily and the dive family at Ocean Spirit.

I dived 3 times. The first was a refresher dive really, to test that I retained at least some of the skills I learned. Menon did a great job of bringing us back up to speed, both in the dive centre as we prepared our equipment and in the water. After that, I had 2 amazing dives on Turtle rock and Pereybere aquarium.

I'd previously dived in the red sea, but for both visibility and variety of sealife, these 2 dive sites lost little by comparison. The turtles were simply breathtaking, but we also had Morays, Lion fish and myriad smaller species.

Emily really managed things well for the children, allowing them as far as possible to dive with the adults, helping them to dive above us at a safe shallower depth. She really helped them to overcome the fear of jumping into the ocean and trusting your equipment.

Afterwards, we were happy to relax in the dive centre with some tasty hot chocolate and homemade samosas.

Obviously you have an enormous choice of dive companies to use in Mauritius, but I assure you you'll be a happy diver if you go out with Ocean Spirit.

1  Thank martwhit

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's always a pleasure to introduce children to scuba diving, hopefully they will keep at it and come visit us again as qualified divers. :)

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Great dive center with extremely friendly staff. Had a great experience diving with my son (12 yrs) for the first time. They took us to Turtle rock where we saw 4 turtles and our second dive was at Grad Baie aquarium. The center was perfectly located at walking distance from where we were staying and everything was well organized for the dives. Special thanks go to Zeenat who was very welcoming and to Vishal who led the dives and was really helpful. Great dive sites and seeing the turtles really added some excitement to the whole adventure.

ND: My son really enjoyed the after dive snacks ;).

1  Thank Walid J
OceanSpiritMauritius, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Spirit Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for the lovely review. You and your son were a pleasure to dive with and we're happy you got to see our turtles. I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Thanks for the awesome diving experience! Felt save all the time! Staff is really nice and tries to figure out the best experience for everyone!

1  Thank Sina W
OceanSpiritMauritius, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Spirit Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

It's a pleasure, so happy you enjoyed your diving in Mauritius. Thanks for the lovely review.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We contacted the dive center already at home. The website was clear that they were aware of the marine life and the envirement. Riki answered all our questions very fast and accurate. At the dive center we discovered that all the divemasters were very helpfull and friendly. Vishal and Yudish (hope I write this correct) always had a smile and tried to find us some special marine life. The dive school offered pick-up service wich was very easy. We recommend this divecenter for all levels of divers, who care about nature. We made six dives whit them and liked them all.
My divesuit needed a repair, and it was taken care of very efficiently. Thanks to all the staff!

1  Thank Rob en Nataschj... g
OceanSpiritMauritius, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Spirit Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for the lovely review, we miss you both already! It was great to take you on an eco dive to our secret little coral nursery to see the corals regrowing in Mauritius. Thanks for introducing us to the Reef Check program when you first emailed. We are getting close to bringing the training to Mauritius.