Thon Hotel Maritim
aPart Stavanger(Stavanger)
Home Again(Stavanger)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexcellent locationcentral locationvisited this hotelnespresso machinethe busthird floorstreet levelfree coffeeshopping areashort walkbreakfast buffet isthe hotel is cleanbusiness roomnice roombreakfast was amazingstayed here for nightssalmon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Extremely professional staff going the extra mile in all matters. Warm service above all, I had an early flight and a food pack was arranged. Highly recommend, nice rooms as well with modern interior as per usual in Norway

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Stein R, General Manager at Thon Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Marko K
Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Maritim and thank you for your reply. I really appreciated your comments on staff/service and room. I will of course forward your comments to my staff.
We have started renovation and are looking forward to gradually present a modern and colorful "new" Thon Hotel Maritim late 2018. Our first 40 rooms are ready for our guests and we open additional 40 renovated rooms primo April.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope ti see you again the next time you are visiting Stavanger.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I had a Business Room and I assume they are a little larger than a standard room. Good bed and good breakfast and the room had all normal facileties expected from a room like this. But I hoped the Business Room would give me something more, something extra for the extra money it costs. But the lokation is the best. Easy to walk to all of Stavanger city.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear Go2Look
Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Maritim and thank you for your reply. I appreciated your comments on both location, room and breakfast. I will of course forward your comments to my staff.
Again - thank your for staying with us and we are looking forward seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

I went to Stavanger last Monday on business. As my last time there, I booked a room at Thon Hotel Maritim. The hotel is close to the railway/bus-station, and also a short walk to the harbour.

I got a nice, clean room, and the staff was (as on my last visit) both attentive og serviceminded! All of the staff :-)

The hotel serves a tasty breakfast and the ambience is calm and enjoyable.

Well, on my day of return to Oslo, it so happened that all flights were either delayed or cancelled when I arrived at the airport. (Due to snowstorm in Oslo, freezing rain in Sandefjord aso.... ) So in a stormy rainy Stavanger, I had to go back to the hotel. Luckily there was room available. And here`s the best part of this review. The receptionist welcomed me with so much help and personal warmth, that my day wasn't`t ruined after all. She gave "the little extra" (a Norwegian saying). - And so did the rest of the staff the rest of my stay.

If you go to Stavanger, I highly recommend Thon Hotel Maritime!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Thon_Hotel_Maritim, Administration at Thon Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Ingerspa. Thank you for choosing Thon Hotel Maritim and for recommending us. We are very glad to read about your positive experience with our staff and that our receptionist gave you "the little extra" on a stormy day. We hope to see you again next time you travel to Stavanger. Kind regards, John Henry.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Nice room, friendly and serviceminded staff, Coffee and snacks always available in the receiption area. Short distance to shops, bars and restaurents. Nice price for a good room during a weekend-stay. I know that some renovations of rooms at the hotel is in progress, but didn't notice.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Stein R, General Manager at Thon Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Terje S
Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Maritim and thank you for your review. I appreciated your comments on both location and servcie and was also happy to read that you did not notice our renovation. We started renovation medio September and our 42 first "new and colrful" rooms will be available from January 2018.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you are visiting Stavanger.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my two night stay at the Thon hotel. My room was a good size, clean, with a very comfortable bed! The selection available at breakfast both mornings was very impressive! The lounge has a nice relaxed feel about it and offers comfy seats and complimentary Nespresso coffee..the candles are a nice added touch. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and I will recommend it to others. Thank you for a lovely stay :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Thon_Hotel_Maritim, Administration at Thon Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear "CHelsiB_1988". Thank you for choosing Thon Hotel Maritim and for your feedback. We are glad to read that you had a positive experience of your stay. We hope you will visit us again on a future occasion. Kind regards, John Henry.