1,180 results
All reviews fish market nice hotel lobby area beds were comfortable stayed one night central location breakfast buffet hotel restaurant hurtigruten cruise an easy walk train station pascal harbour bryggen
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had originally booked at the Scandic Strand. The Strand closed for renovations and we were re-booked here. While not far from the original property, it is a block back from the harbor and fish market and is equally farther from the bus stops.

The room itself was fine, but finding it was confusing. The hotel seems like several buildings that have been kind of cobbled together. We were in 6011, which was on the 6th floor, but there was a half flight of stairs to get to the hall with the all the 6000 rooms. It was a bit of a pain with luggage, and those with mobility concerns should be sure and ask about this before making a reservation!

Breakfast was a nice spread. Out of 4 hotels we stayed in during our visit to Norway, this was for sure towards the top. A wide variety of food was available, and there was plenty of seating so there was no waiting when we were here.

The bathroom light was a bit odd as it was a rocker switch, but it also worked as a dimmer. It took us a while to figure out how to make it brighter in the bathroom. If you have that issue too, just keep holding the switch "up" and it will brighten the bulbs.

The only issue we really had was that we wanted to go to the bar (as you cannot buy alcohol from shops in the evenings in Norway), but it was closed. They had a restaurant, but it didn't look like the kind of atmosphere we were after, so we ended up just going out again instead of having a drink there.

All in all it was a nice hotel and a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask about stairs within the floor
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
TerjeHa001, General Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Paul!

Thank you for this nice review!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and our breakfast! The bar is closed Mondays, but it is possible to baya drink from our restauratnt. Sorry that you didn't have that information from our reception.
Welcome back any time!

Best regads

Reviewed 6 October 2018

checked in here and took a family room and standard. My wife did an online reservation and sent an email that we would request for an extra bed and we did get a response from them saying yes they will give us but when we got to the hotel the receptionist said the room is only for 4 people and that extra bed is not allowed. We showed them the email we got and the receptionist looked for the email on their system and told us yes he saw the email but not sure why we were advised of that. It wasnt our fault so they should give us like a complimentary but they didnt. So we need to book another room which is I think not fair especially the price and the receptionist said they are fully booked. So I was upset about it. The receptionist went to his supervisor and was told they can give us an extra room. But the room was too expensive and we have no choice. Really? No discount at all? When we got to the family room, it gotten worst. The smell on the room was really bad. Floor was dusty. No remote control for the tv. Glasses were dirty. toilet also had a bad smell. When I checked the standard room, it was fine. I can say it was cleaned on the same day.
we went outside for a tour and got back to the hotel past midnight. Went to the reception to ask for a duplicate keycard and to my surprise the receptionist guy was drinking coffee while sitting at the reception area. I dont think that was proper. Im a receptionist and I know we shouldnt.be putting any glasses in the reception especially if its very visible by the guest. But to be fair to him he was smiling and was helpful.

Breakfast was good. Location was good since it was near the fish market.

Sorry but will not definitely check in here again and will not recommend this. Please do some renovations or at least let your housekeeping double all the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TerjeHa001, General Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback after your stay with us.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and our location.
I am sorry to read that you had problems regarding the extra beds. We only have rooms up to 4 people in the hotel and I apologize if you have got any other information from us.
I do understand that the cleanliness made a bad impression and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We transferred to the Scandic Neptun from a nearby property that couldn't give us a second night (after the coastal voyage). Wish we'd stayed here from the first! Appreciated the luggage room (self serve), and helpful desk staff. The location was great for walking to many sights. The breakfast was superior. We'd book here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Dear Guest!

Thank you for this nice review and welcome back any time !

Reviewed 2 October 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Sometimes what looks great from outside it dosen't from inside.

On arrival we were stunned by the big lobby area, a nice bar, great location and easy access. But when we got to our room the nighmare has started. The room was really well used, old furniture old beds and the bathroom dates I think in 1970's. Very little light in bathroom, broken hairdryer, toiletries over the toilet! Missing cap in the sink, wobbly shower over a bath. But we think ok, we came only for one night sleep during our adventure trip in Norway. We used the bar, very nice (a bit expensive, but nice). Came back to our room only to discover that it will be not easy night. Despite it was 5th floor, it was noisy as on the street level! After careful inspection found that both windows in the room have no handles, I am totally missing. The window was only shut, but not locked! Amazing isn't it. On the 5th floor. That is why it was so noisy in the room.

After failing to fall asleep, I decied to see reception at 00:30. I reprted the issue with window handles, but I have been told they could do nothing as hotel was full. So I question the member of the staff, should I than go a look for other hotel? Yes, you are very welcome, he said. Also no manager available until Monday. So had to go back and try to sleep with my earphones.

Despite a good breakfast in the morning I still think it was unaccetale to issue a gust with such as poor room. I am not ususally review, as when everything is fine you just carry on. But this is exeptional poor standard and we are talking about hotel claiming 4 star standard.

Now, for the hotel management, I am genuie guest. I have repoprted issue at 00:30 and when checking out. On both occasion you have failed to address problem properly. Even if you have shown a bit of understanding, apologise or try to calm the situation you have decided to ignore paying customer. And that is the reason I will stay away from any Scandic Group Hotel in the future. You need to review what "the customer" means for your business.

Room Tip: Avoid standard room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
TerjeHa001, General Manager at Scandic Neptun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear guest!

Thank you so much for your review.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the room you had. We have some old rooms left to be renovated and I do apologize that you had one of these rooms. I do understand that this made your stay uncomfortable and I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

Thank you also for your comment regarding the lobby, bar and breakfast !