All reviews comfortable bed no coffee tea facilities stone building the ground floor modern design fish market nice shower big bathroom location is fantastic hotel location bus stop room service three nights breakfast was excellent earplugs supermarket wardrobe
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Hotel is really central. Staff very friendly and helpful. Umbrellas for guest usage at reception. Right next to a 7-11 which is good if you need some nibbles. Breakfast is in the property next door and it was substantial and eat as much as you want. We had originally booked a room looking out onto the internal quadrangle, but we were upgraded to a front room view at no extra cost. I can understand that the front area can get noisy at weekends, but we were there during the week and it was nice and peaceful. We could get to visit all the sites we wanted to from the hotel due to it's central location

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JuanaD183, Resepsjonssjef at Magic Hotel Korskirken, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Staff here are super kind, they provide sweet service proactively. The restaurant staff ask inconvenient people the time they will have breakfast, so she can book the closer seats for them. Best staff ever! Even though it's not that quiet place at night, the location and service still deserve 5 stars from me!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2018

It feels like a real good price for a real good location in the center of most of the main parts of Bergen. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel itself is interesting as well, with a strange but neat layout, connected to various buildings on the side. But the best part for me was that the hotel had service of holding your luggage, so despite me checking out for the morning, they still held my luggage for me so I could wander around town before having to catch a train. This made it so I could throw in a hike up Ulriken that I wasn't sure if I would have been able to do otherwise, as while my luggage could also be a backpack, it was not a comfortable one. So that feature alone made my limited time for exploring about as great as it could be without the burden of luggage.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Magic Hotel Korskirken during a long weekend trip to Bergen. I admit that I am now more accustomed to AirBnBs than hotels; but chose to stay here due to its enviable price and location. I am certainly glad I did.

Let's start off with the negatives (as they really are minor nitpicks and not at all the hotel's fault).

• I would advise not catching a taxi from the airport to hotel if you can help it. I arrived late Friday night (close to midnight) and decided to catch one directly. It got me there fine; but cost around 650NOK (approximately £56 one way). Try to stick to the airport bus if you can. Definitely the better option for the wallet anyway.

• On the Saturday night the fire alarm went off at around 12.30am. We were evacuated into the cold street outside the hotel for around 10-15 minutes whilst the fore brigade made sure it was all clear. Thankfully it was a false alarm. Again, the hotel is absolutely not at fault here as they did the exact right thing. I'm just rating it a negative as no one wants to experience that fright whilst on vacation.

As I mentioned, these two are knitpicks, and really beyond the hotel's control. Honestly, everything else is worth five stars (if not more).

The positives (there are a plenty):

• The staff hospitality was top notch. I am an Australian, but I live in Britain. Because of this I have two separate phone chargers and adapters. I absent mindedly brought my British charger but my Australian adapter. D'oh! I was going to go and buy a spare universal adapter on the Saturday morning when the lovely lady on reception stopped me and offered me her spare one for the weekend (free of charge). That was truly lovely and very much appreciated. The other staff members were always smiling and welcoming too: nothing was too much of a bother for them.

• The complimentary breakfast is one of the best of seen recently. Fried and scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes, Norwegian bread, an assortment of spreads, fruit, nuts, and drinks all on offer each day from 6 - 11am (depending on the day). You could eat as much or as little as you like. The adjoining restaurant were breakfast was served each day is quite stylish and calm. Loved listening to the piano bar style jazz each morning whilst watching the rain outside. Really atmospheric.

• As a solo traveller the room was perfect. Largw bathroom and tv, and a comfy bed. I admit that the pillows were too soft for my liking; but that is just my personal preference. The shower was glorious with two heads for height and pressure. I loved the funky design of the room and how environmentally friendly it endeavoured to be. My only suggestion is just be mindful of your room number as the floors are laid out uniquely and may be split across two levels. On the first night it was a little bit of a maze trying to find my room; but as soon as you work it out once it is no problem at all.

• Finally, the biggest and best draw card is the location. Magic is literally across the street from the Bergen fishmarkets and bay. It is a five minute walk into the centre of town and five minutes in the opposite direction to the Fløibenan funicular railway. This truly deserves every star it receives for its location - you cannot fault it.

I think the Magic Hotel Korskirken is aptly named. I had a magical stay here. I would definitely implore you all to check it out during your next trip to Bergen, Norway. As hotels go, it has the whole package!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Alley E

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located very centrally - very close to the fish market. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist & allocated our room very quickly. The layout of the hotel is quirky but we eventually found our room which was not particularly big but very clean & functional. The bathroom was good & the shower was excellent. We had a nice self-service breakfast before another friendly receptionist checked us out. It is a very good budget type hotel & we would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple