See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for about 10 days and it was a pleasant experience despite all the negative comments here. I stayed in a suites with kitchen, and add-on breakfast with 50 NOK per day. Some tips are given below in order to have a pleasant stay in this hotel.

Hotel location is just perfect to me as it located right opposite the train station, Lilleby. You can take the train at 76 NOK (train ticket can be purchased from ticket machine in Trondheim airport with cash or credit card with PIN code) from Trondheim Airport to Lilleby station directly and you will see the hotel right across the station. Hotel is about 15 minutes walk to the city centre in the southern direction. You can also visit the Korsvika beach with amazing stunning by having about 15 minutes walk to the north. It's probably the best sea view in Trondheim.

Internet speed is great but the coverage is a little bit weak at certain area in my apartment. Signal receiption is great in the kitchen and living area but not the bedroom. However, it is still acceptable for me.

The apartment unit is clean and there will be cleaning service every second day.

The apartment is equipped with hairdryer, refrigerator, room heater, water heater, and even vacuum machine. Unfortunately, my apartment does not come with washing machine, but not an issue if you follow my tips below. :)

The manager, Mr. Rune Sannum can speaks English very well and he is a helpful people. If you have any request or inquiries, just pick up the phone and dial number 6.

Breakfast is self service style where they provide you all the necessary kitchen cooking utensils. You can cook anything up to your imagination by using limitless resources in the refrigerator if you purchase their breakfast offer which included eggs, pork slices, ham, salads, sardin, cheese, brown cheese (only in Norway), bread, orange juices and milks. Not to forget free flow coffee and tea too.

Tips #1: Despite the published price at their website, you can send an email to them and asking for an offer for your stay at a cheaper rate. For your references, I got an offer staying in a suite with free laundry service but at a much lower price than a single room per night. :)

Tips #2: Please inform the hotel manager, Mr. Rune Sannum the date and time of your arrival to avoid any disappointment. Probably you will need to call him upon your arrival, the door bell is not working.

Tips #3: Please fill in your complete address upon your check-in in the registration form if you want the payment receipt afterward. This is because there will be no payment receipt given upon payment done, the payment receipt will only send to your email in pdf file once their finance confirmed on your stay and address. However, this is a little bit ridiculous for me as this is the first time I have seen.

Tips #4: Breakfast could be a good deal. ;)

[+] Price worthy: 4/5
[+] Location: 4/5
[+] Internet: 4/5
[+] Hygiene: 4/5
[+] Staff friendliness: 3/5
[+] Breakfast: 4/5

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

we made reservations for 6/22-6/26/15, and received confirmation by email. We arrived at about 6:45 PM, and spent forever looking for parking. We rang the bell and no one answered at the front door. We continued to ring for the next 15 minutes, as well as calling their phone number. Our calls went straight to voicemail and were not returned. After 45 minutes, we left, tired & hungry, to look for another hotel.
Although we never got to see the apartment we had booked, my impression was that this was a long term apartment building, perhaps low income, with a few short term rentals. It is surrounded by other apartment buildings. The free parking was on the street, and totally unavailable on narrow streets with cars parked every which way. There were children playing & biking everywhere.
As it turned out, we moved to the Best Western Chesterfield, which was very charming with, a huge breakfast included, and an actual parking area. The cost was no more (and probably less after buying food) than the Leilighetshotell would have been.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CO_Zephyr
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The apartment hotel has an email address on their website. I've been sending several emails without any form of reply. I waited for several days and finally had to call them. They sent an offer on email (after asking for offer even one more time), I replied that I wanted to order an apartment, but never got any reply with order confirmation. I also asked via email if it was okay that we came early the first day, but haven't got a reply to that either. This company, run by Rune Sannum, is completely unreliable. Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A_Hesselberg
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed over here for 1 night with my friend and her parent in room number 103.
There is 1 double bed room, 1 living room (incluced kitchen area with food & beverages, 1 single bed, sofa), 1 shower room (included washing machine in room), and 1 toilet room.
A comfortable staying here and good location which is not far to Nidaros Cathedral.

If you do not have much time for sight seeing in Trondheim, renting a bike for sight seeing is the good choice. You can ask for bike rental from Trondheim Leilighetshotell (or Trondheim Apartment Hotel).
However, Mr.Rune who is owner or manager offers me a rental bike for free of charge.

From Trondheim Airport, Take Airport bus which costs 130 NOK to Studentersamfunnet bus stop. Then walk back to the bridge direction and turn left at the first street to "Klostergata". (Eventhough the sign of the street is Not mentioned "Klostergata" like in the map, but it is the right street to Hotel!)
After that walk for 40 meter and turn left at the first corner to Bergljots gate. Trondheim Leilighetshotell (or Trondheim Apartment Hotel) is building number 3.

Noted: Do not forget to call/inform to owner/manager before you arrive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CherryMnitan
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Due to my imigration to Norway, I stayed 3 weeks in the 104 apartment at Bergljots gate. I previously stayed there for 4 months in 2009 and also in 302 .

The apartment did not change in these 3 years and is very big when compared to a hotel room: has a spacious living room integrated with the kitchen, good bedroom and bathroom. It is very well equiped with all white goods (dishwasher, washing and drying machine, stove, oven and microwave), cutlery, china, TV, furniture etc. Also, the location could not be better: very close to Nidaros cathedral, the hospital, Studentersamfundet, NTNU Gløshaugen, easy connection to the airport and buses to everywhere. Last but not least, is is cheaper than a hotel!

However, the service is awful. I have reserved the aparment more than 1 month before my arrival and, at the day before my trip, Mr. Rune (the manager) informed me that, due to a leakage in the bathroom, the place was not available anymore. And the worst: I was not transfered to another free apartment, an attitude I would expect from a proper host. So I had to hurry to reserve a room in Comfort Park Hotel, just some hours before I arrive.

One week later the problem with the leakage was solved and then my wife and I were able to enter the place. Nevertheless and to our surprise, when we arrived, the dishwasher was not working. And lets say that do the dishes are not among our prefered home tasks. And so my wife contacted Mr. Rune for three times to solve the problem and the answer was always the same: "this week a technician will go to the apartment to service the equipment". However, before we leave, nobody showed up to do it.

Three years ago I also had some minor problems during my stay, nonetheless they were solved very fast. And then I should say, if it was not the actual bad service, the place would be perfect. This decreases a lot the cost-benefit of the place.

PS: the Polish couple that do the cleaning and the maintenance of the apartments are lovely.

Room Tip: If you stay in Bergljots gate and like privacy, avoid room 104. It is in the street level and everybody that is going back and fro can see what you are doing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business