Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$154
Hotels.comUS$154
TravelocityUS$154
PricelineUS$154
eDreamsUS$145
Trip.comUS$164
All reviews city centre hurtigruten terminal within walking distance floor psychedelic armchairs cathedral conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2022

we stayed in this hotel just one night between a cruise on the fjord and a train journey to Oslo. We took a taxi from the harbour when we arrived , but discovered that the hotel was a comfortable walking distance from the station when we left. It is also within walking distance of the city centre. The room was comfortable, we appreciated the tea making facility and the fridge, There were two chairs one an armchair and a comfortable bed, The breakfast was very good.
There was a psychedelic carpet between the room and the lift but otherwise the decor was attractive,

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 26 January 2022 via mobile

More than happy to stay there. Good service, tasty breakfast, quiet for rest. Excellent view.
Friendly staff, tidy, comfortable. Well placed for conference and business travel.
Very happy with kitchen and food.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2020

There are 3 Thon Hotels in Trondheim and I chose this one as it was 200kr cheaper that the other ones. I soon found out why. It was so hot in the room that I could not sleep. I think I managed about 3 hours. Had the window open (it opens about 3 inches) which did not help. The next night I asked if it was possible to transfer to another Thon Hotel that a colleague was staying at but this was not possible. He said he slept great as there was central ventilation system. The following night was the same story, even with the fan. I was SO tired when I left the Hotel that I fell asleep on the plane, which I never ever do.

The girl at reception said that it was an old building so it gets warm. The weather at the time was nice - around 18 degrees during the day and a little colder at night.

I would suggest chosing another Thon Hotel (the other one just around the corner was the one a colleague stayed at). The extra money is worth it if you want a good nights sleep. I am sure it is ok in the winter months, but I would not recommend staying here from May to September.

The breakfast was ok (the bacon was super hard and not eatable) and staff friendly. I stay at Thon hotels frequently, but this was, unfortunately, not a good experience.

Trondheim is a nice city and the people are friendly. I would recommend a trip down to Solsiden where there are restaurants and bars. The old bridge is also cool to see the canal from (good for pics).

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank IndyKelly
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights at Thon Trondheim and came away very disappointed. Having stayed in 4 different Thon hotels, this was probably the bottom of the barrel. Really a barebones basic hotel that was very tired.

First room I was assigned had the most weird design. Felt essentially like a extended janitors closet with 2 beds back to back. TV didn't work either, so thankfully got switched to another room.

Still room was very bare and not as clean. No amenities and even shower was not good.

Breakfast was also likewise scaled down and breakfast staff were barely to be seen. Not helpful. Overall the staff just seemed very cold and wasnt a pleasant stay for sure.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ram1nath
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

Nice spacious room, comfortable bed. Coffee/tea making facilities in the room. Clean. Great breakfast. Lots of choice and fresh food. Friendly and helpful staff. Very centrally located. Minutes away from Nidaros Cathedral. Approximately 20 minute walk from the central railway station

Date of stay: February 2020