Lowest prices for your stay
US$178
Priceline
US$178
US$176
Hotels.comUS$176
TravelocityUS$176
Trip.comUS$176
All reviews evening buffet nice hotel norwegian hotel nice atmosphere hotel is located quiet room superior room free coffee window norway city elevator mattresses kettle wardrobe
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2021

Love this hotell. We always come back to this hotell. The room is clean and exlusive with good exlusive soap, balm, shampoo and conditioner. Food is in the price- good breakfast, lunsj and dinner. Short way too the town. Very safe to covid-19.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed 5 February 2020 via mobile

We three stayed here and were initially delighted with the size of our room: plenty of room for two double beds, all our luggage and space to move around without getting in each other’s way.
Then we noticed the soap/shampoo/ conditioner supplied was of a superior quality than expected (and available at John Lewis).
In the morning, we were most impressed by the breakfast buffet: a selection of meat, cheeses, hot and cold foods, etc.
But the thing that most impressed us was the ‘light supper’: each evening a different main course with a variety of salads, soup to start and fruit to finish.
Tea and coffee were always available.
The atmosphere is calm, yet alive: the close proximity to the concert hall means that there is always something to see and hear. But sounds never intruded into our room which was quiet. Oh, and the beds were so comfortable. We are looking forward to returning again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jane_9758
Reviewed 23 December 2019

Good good food and service. Nice looking and beautiful room. Quite and easy access to everything. Big and Clean room and good sope. Easy to park (it has characters for an amount of money) good good hotel

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed 19 November 2019

In the past two weeks, my wife and I stayed at 3 Clarion (Nordic Hotels) in Tromso, Trondheim, and Copenhagen. Of the 3 properties, this was our least favorite and it's very good but can be much better. I will say though of the 3 properties, this had the best dinner offerings that are included in the booking.

We had an overnight transit stay in Trondheim coming from Tromso and enroute to Faroe Islands via Copenhagen. First piece of advice, take the airport Flybussen service. A stop (Sodre Gate) is roughly 5 minutes away, download the Google Maps for this area and it will give you a very detailed drop off point / # of stops from the airport. Secondly, it's half the price of a taxi. When we departed, we thought with a 6am flight we had to be at the airport at 4am. No. There's a Flybussen at 3:54AM that picks up and will get you to the airport before it opens at 4:30AM. We opted for taxi and from hotel it's a fixed price at $77 (700NOK).

The hotel is within a larger structure that appears to be a mall and concert or performing arts center. Depending on the entrance you use, this can be very confusing and better exterior signage would help. Check-in staff was very straight forward and when asked about ordering a taxi for the next morning, she replied "you can do whatever you want." It wasn't exactly the most customer service oriented.

With 12 hour layover, we took advantage of its great location to walk 10 minutes to the Old Town bridge. The room was very large in comparison to other Euro hotels, but it was also set up awkward. No room view, we looked into what appeared to be mix office space and classrooms. Not an issue as we did not book the fjord room. The sheets were heavily starched, so much to the point my wife found the sofa and a comforter to be more comfortable than bed. We likely would have asked for new bedding or another room if we had more time here.

If we returned to Trondheim, I would consider this place again....however I would also be open to another hotel. There's some good here, but it needs some updating.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank goose3nbc
CCGrandOlav, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Hotel Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad you had a nice stay in Trondheim, the next time you are staying, ask for a room with a nice view and we will try to arrange this for you.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards

Lise Malene Haugan
Clarion Collection Hotel Grand Olav

Reviewed 10 October 2019

I had a short trip to Trondheim, and I wanted to stay rather central in the city due to my reasons for visiting. The location looked rather perfect when I had a look at the map, and it was easy accessable from the expressbus from the airport.

The hotel seem to be a part of a concert arena of some kind, I arrived a bit late and the place gave me a deadly silent impression. It was quick and easy to check in, but I would appreciate that the receptionist would have mentioned that there was no minibar in the room. As a part of the loyalty program its suppose to include free mineral water for members, and nothing was mentioned.

When taking the elevator upstairs it was not difficult to see that this was a hotel living in the past. The hotel was probably grand back in the days, while now the walls were just keeping old memories at hearth. It had this old and worn look. The upside with the hotel was the breakfast. A breakfast that gave me the start in the morning that i needed before running off to catch a business meeting.

Though, its not a stay i'll look back and think "i'll be returning soon". No, it's a stay i'll quickly forget and the next time I will try out a different hotel. A hotel that perhaps live more up to its name.

Date of stay: September 2019