“Awesome hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast”
Review of Sjoglott Hotel

Sjoglott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Kristiansand
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

I've stayed here several times both in the summer and now for the first time in winter as well. This hotel is definitely my go-to hotel for when I visit Kristiansand. They have a cozy outdoor back area with a fireplace and even a hammock in the summer which is perfect for relaxing. Their breakfast is delicious and the staff always go above and beyond to make sure my accommodations are perfect. I've stayed at other hotels in the area as well as I travel here for business quite often from California, but they all pale in comparison to the price and experience here. I also love the aesthetic they have going with all the striking paintings from a current Norwegian artist which adorn their walls, it's a refreshing change from the typical "hotel" art which hangs in most other hotels.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

We had just arrived at rush hour in Kristiansand and was hopeful after I saw all the good reviews on Trip Advisor. Upon arrival, we found the door locked and the person behind the intercom said we would have to call and make a reservation before they would open the door. Sounds completely fishy to me. Buyers beware! And, if the owner sees this review and can explain why access to reception was denied, that would be great. How can you expect to do business if you won't let a potential customer walk into your business?

Stayed: November 2015
2  Thank EJMcMullen
Reviewed 21 April 2015

I`m a part time student at the University in Agder, living in the Oslo area. When I`m gooing for my studies I need a nice place to stay with affordable price. And I also want a nice breakfast. Both I got at Sjøgløtt Hotel. A small rom, but with all you need. Your own bathroom and a large smile for the Nespresso machine in the room. Som capsules on the house an possible to buy more at the breakfast. In the evening there is a possibility to make your own waffles. I`m going back in May.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Good place to have a short night after arriving in Kristansand via ferry. Easy to find with affordable price. Didnt have a time to meet the staff as I checked in after midnight with noone on the ground and left early before the breakfast. Still, had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2014

We spent two nights at there. If cosy was a hotel, it would be Sjöglott. It was warm, lovely. Breakfast was delicious, not just cereals and milk like some other BBs. There were plenty of things to eat. Hot tea and coffee always available in the kitchen, waffles can be found in afternoons. The backyard was also lovely, the weather was not suitable to hang out there but warm seasons it would be wonderful. Also because of the weather we couldn't spent much time at the outside, the city center but it was nice to have some tea and eat waffles in the hotel. The rooms were a little bit small but they don't have to be bigger. It was neat and clean, and the rooms get cleaned everyday, sheets and towels changed everyday (not many hotel does that).

If you gonna visit Kristiansand, the hotel you stay should definitely be this one.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple