All reviews evening meal great hotel nice location great surprise hotel is newly renovated stayed here for one night comfy bed great value for money hot food pancakes centre of town friendly service salmon the hotel staff beautiful view great breakfast cinema
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I remeber this hotel before the Thon group bougth it. the hotel was decent and medicre. After new painting and renewal this hotel is cosy and charming. The breakfast was excellent. The only negative aspect was very slow reception service.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear sadder.

First of all thank you very much for staying with us at Thon Hotel Arendal.
I am very pleased to read that you are positive to our renovation of the hotel.
We are very proud of the new colorful product, so to hear this feedback from you our guest who makes it all possible also likes it, it just what we wish to hear.
Thank you!

We would like to welcome you back the next time you are here in Arendal.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was the beginning of our holiday. Very nice and polite staff in the reception. The room was nice and quiet. Best breakfast EVER ! The evening buffet is also to recommend. Easy to find and location is good for whatever you want.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Ole1204

Thank you very much for staying with us at Thon Hotel Arendal during your visit here in Arendal.
Also thank you for taking your time to give us this feed back.

I am pleased to know that you appreciated our newly opened breakfast concept.

We hope to see you the next time you are here in Arendal.

I wish you a good day.

With kind regards

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Nicely recently refurbished hotel in centre of Arendal. Service minded staff and great breakfast. Really comfortable beds and lovely decor.But the evening meal was not a meal. In fact it was indeterminable. Just some kind on non-descriptive fill. It was not worthy of this hotel. I would suggest they either drop the evening meal concept, or if they have to do it based on the same concept at Nordic Choice, at least make it edible. This brings down the overall rating of the hotel that was superb.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Peter B.

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us this review.
We wish to develope our product and service, and we do that the best bylistening to our guests, so thank you giving us your feedback and rating on the evening meal.
The idea behind having this free evening meal, was to have a small light offer for the guests who did not want to go for dinner in the city , or as "kveldsmat" the typical Norweegian small dish, something small to eat before going to bed. We wish of course that the menu and the food should be delicate, so I will take this feed back with me.

Thank you for the 4 star- for these I am very grateful.

I hope we will see you another time when you are in Arendal.

With Kind regard

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The room and toilet was a bit small but very clean, comfortable bed. Breakfast on the 6th floor was delicious with many choices of food. Receptionist staffs were all very friendly and supportable. Hotel location was great, walking distances to most of the interesting places of the small city.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Le L.

First of all thank you staying with us during your time here in Arendal.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, and our new opened breakfast concept on the 6th floor.

We hope to see you next time you are in Arendal.

I wish you a very pleasant day.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I've stayed at Thon Hotel in Arendal several times and like it for it's central location, friendly service and good breakfast. This time I arrived in a newly renovated hotel. The room was great, the breakfast area was moved from the basement to 6th floor with a big terrace with a fantastic view. The restaurant has an open kitchen where the chefs are preparing the breakfast in front of you. The selection is just amazing - fresh fruits, fresh orange juice made in front of you, eggs, salmon, meat, omelets, pancakes, rich choice of breads, cheese in many variations etc. etc. This is the best breakfast I have had in an hotel for years - if ever. AND; they even offer an evening buffet between 18.00 and 21.00!

This is the best choice if you need an hotel in Arendal. This is the first time I was happy that I had to stay two nights in an hotel - I was looking forward to the evening buffet and the breakfast next morning!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Freiro.

Thank you very much for your extremely positive and flattering review you have given us here on Tripadvisor, for this we are very grateful.
Thank you so much for taking your time for this.

I am very pleased that your very satisfied with your stay and the NEW Thon Hotel Arendal.
We are very proud of our new hotel and product, and it means a lot that you as a former guest came back and was also happy to see the changes.

I hope we will see you soon again here in Arendal.
Have a great summer.