See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Let me just say that I have not stayed here but this review is based on the customer service following my reservation for a room for one night. I made a booking through booking.com for a night's stay. The booking was non-refundable. Unfortunately less than an hour later the reason for my visit was cancelled and I immediately contacted the hotel by email, phone and via booking.com to try and obtain a refund on the grounds that very little time had elapsed since the booking was originally made. Less than an hour had elapsed between making the booking and cancelling it but the hotel refused to refund me any portion of the charges. Booking.com also tried to obtain a refund on my behalf but to no avail. The management had ample opportunity to resell the room but insisted on charging me the entire amount. I know i am at fault for booking a non-refundable stay but I am surprised at the poor customer service and poor public relations as the hotel had plenty of time to resell the room. This hotel will not get any business from me in the future.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank kitukidogo
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Be warned! If you book a room at this hotel, you might be in for your worst experience ever. We were offered a room in the old wing, room 503. Since it was raining heavily and hotels in the small town of Arendal were fully booked, we accepted the room. The only window in the small room was grimy and dirty. The door to the bathroom bumped into the bed. When my husband moved the bed, chewing gum, lint and dust appeared. There was no waste paper basket in the room or bathroom. Maybe that is why someone had placed a big hair ball in the desk drawer! There was no soap in the bathroom. We tried to call reception but there was no place to plug the phone in. I went to the reception, the clerk came with me to the room and started to search for a place to plug in the phone - without success. She then proceded to remove the hairball from the desk drawer, apologized and left. Since she had forgotten to bring us soap, I had to take the old elevator downstairs where she gave me liquid soap designed for a dispenser. But when I tried to install the soap in the bathroom, it turned out that there was no dispencer. The carpeting in the room was dusty making us caugh. We had a bad night's sleep in the filthy and utterly disgusting little room. When we complained to the receptionist the next morning, we only got a lot of lip service. We had paid 1100 NOK for the room, but appearently they were not going to give us any compensation of any sort!!! We would have been more comfortable sleeping in our car.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nuclearfamily
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We were positively suprised over the size of the room. It was a bedroom and a living room and a nice bathroom
The place was clean, good location and a very nice breakfast. The evening meal is just a soup and bread. The employees were very helpful and friendly.
The price was good for a Norwegian hotel.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2015

went for work, the hotel staff is extremely nice and i would rate the location as perfect. the hotel is very basic comparable to an ibis only with the fresh Norweign water and cleanliness. No air conditioning so if your visiting during the summer be prepared.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

We came to arendal with our and Thad was the first hotel we saw. The price was 1200 nok for the night, I think it was a little expensive for time, because arendal wasn't really active. We came really and hungry and there like kind of cold dinner. The food was tasty and after 4 hours ride front was better than go to a restaurant. Nice room and staff.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple