All reviews great location great breakfast sea view burger in town lovely hotel place to stay comfortable rooms walking distance wonderful view nice room fresh air work related omelette small town around the corner nice stay
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I stayed in one of the superior rooms with a view of the fjord.

The rooms are showing a bit of their age, but they are classy and comfortable.

I guess it's a bit of a summer hotel, I was there in December and the hotel didn't make a lasting impression.

Sadly I didn't get the chance to try the breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fjord view
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello Erlend L

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

In December we started a renovation of the 60 rooms in the oldest part of the hotel. These rooms were finished late January and are now top, up to date rooms.

I hope you wish to return to Arendal and visit our newly renovated hotel. Arendal is amazing in the summer.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I really enjoyed this stay, Even though I am not a regular, I was treated like one. I really enjoyed the new menu and I was pleased by a friendly staff. If I were to visit Arendal again this would be the first choice!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hello Nils

Thank you for your great review of your stay at our hotel.

Welcome back the next time you visit Arendal.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Located by the beautiful Arendal harbour. Newly renovated bath room, but the room needs an update. Would prefer hardwood flooring instead of carpets. Great breakfast with a view to die for. Good service from staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your review of our Hotel.
This winter we are renovating 60 rooms in the original part of the hotel. They will be fittet with hardwood flooring.
Welcome back to Clarion Hotel Tyholmen the next time you visit Arendal.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very central, located on the boardwalk. I had a room with a wonderful view from the corner window and a lot of fresh air.
The room size was quite spacey, also had a good shower.
The breakfast was rich and very tasty.
Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Hello

Thank you for a great review of you stay.
Welcome back the next time you come to Arendal.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Nice location. New, modern, clean rooms. Excellent breakfast with omelette made on the spot. Not the cheapest in town but money well spent. Suggest to pay a few NOK more a get a room with sea view. Only comment: Funny odor in the stairs, was not able to recognize it, but no odor anywhere else.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello
Thank you for the great review.
We will look into the odor you mention and see if we can identify it.

Welcome back to Clarion Hotel Tyholmen during your next visit to Arendal