All reviews nice hotel viking ship nice view the main hotel perfect location ice cream breakfast buffet nice and clean rooms small pool rooftop pool bad shower waterfront area very helpful and friendly staff great breakfast overlooking the harbour double bed business trip
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My other half was here for a conference so I tagged along as I have never been to Norway. The hotel was also the venue for the conference. Whilst the room is sparse - no water, no phone, no frills - it was also spotlessly clean. The single beds (unfortunately we got a twin rather than a double and couldn’t change as the hotel was fully booked) were actually really generously sized - much bigger than a single back in the U.K. They were also very very comfy. The room was large with two seating chairs and table beside the window. Which overlooked the harbour. A fantastic view. The bathroom was again sparse - only an all in one shampoo, conditioner, body wash which was not the worst I have ever had - but it was again spotlessly clean with a bath and shower over. We are fussy about showers - we like a decent forceful flow - which this was, and the bath was of a generous size. I can’t really fault the room. Large clean and comfy - what more do you want?!
The restaurant (Brasserie X) is excellent. Although my order did get stuck in the machine and I had a whole glass of wine drank before I realised - the waitress had spotted my lack of dinner plate and came over and was very apologetic. When the steak came it was delicious. As was the second glass of wine! And they took some money off the bill by way of an apology. Very considerate indeed.
The staff here have been lovely. We have had limited interaction with them however when looking for a lap top with USB port they were able to source one for us - no hassles. They have all been polite, courteous, happy and friendly. Just like we have found everyone else in Tønsberg.
Great location, overlooking the harbour and a five minute walk from the town, clean and friendly. If I am ever back to this beautiful part of the world - i would definitely book in here.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hege H, Hotellsjef at Quality Hotel Tonsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi DeeJaytheDeeJay,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor.

We're glad to see you enjoyed your visit at our hotel, and hope to see you back some other time.

Thank you so much for visiting us! :-)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have lived at this hotel quite often as it is located conveniently in Tønsberg. Generally it is efficient and cold where everything has been streamlined - no minibar; no waterbottle in room and now no telephone in room. Good thing is breakfast.

Today the “streamlining” experience was topped. I came to hotel after hard day of work. ROOM WAS NOT MADE UP. At the reception, they said that since I did not remove the sign they had hung on the door (Simply day NO to room cleaning by hanging this outside the door) I cannot get the room cleaned. Also, they had no staff.

This smells of someone looking for too much efficiency and no thoughts about guests. I hope the stop this practice.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank thomasbT1230JO
Hege H, Hotellsjef at Quality Hotel Tonsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Thomas B.,

Thank you for your review and for staying at our hotel.

I'm sorry your room was not cleaned during your stay and I will bring your feedback regarding no staff in our housekeeping department in the evening further with our housekeeping manager. Thank you for making us aware of the challenge with this. We will see how we can find a solution to solve this if it happens again.

I hope to see you back in our hotel another time, wish you a great weekend! :-)

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Excellent location, fab breakfast great choice, take out cups for coffee, Right around the corner from airport transport, lovely and clean great size rooms lovely stay right on the water within walking distance

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Hege H, Hotellsjef at Quality Hotel Tonsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi vee622,

Thank you for the great review, and for visiting us.

We hope to welcome you back again! :-)

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Stayed 2 nights on business. Friendly staff, food good, generally a nice hotel. Arrangements fro parking (underneath) could be better. My visa card was not accepted by parking machine and no facility to pay for parking with the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Hege H, Hotellsjef at Quality Hotel Tonsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi,

Thank you for review on Tripadvisor.

It's a pleasure to see you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and we hope to see you back some other time.

Wish you a great week! :-)

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, but even though I had s “Superior room” there was not much “luxury” to be found - very simple and worn down

Area is nice nearby the channel.

The hotel restaurant is very good and not to expensive

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hege H, Hotellsjef at Quality Hotel Tonsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Brian_S_Jensen,

Thank you so much for your feedback on Tripadvisor and for choosing our hotel for your stay.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back! :-)