All reviewsgreat locationpedestrian zonecentral stationthe main streetgluten free optionsrooms are smallthe heart of the citystayed here for one nightlate checkvisiting oslohotel is locatedgreat showerlong weekendhotel is perfectwould stay here againbreakfast was deliciousfree tea and coffee
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The hotel is an excellent choice for a short stay. The only downside was the early breakfast I had ordered for my last morning which was a dry sandwich with white bread, and an apple, a quite difference from the breakfast served at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Booked this hotel as I was there once for a lunch and gave a good impression. Quality of room, breakfast and staff was good. Also we had room for a meetinig at a very quiet place.
Near the railway station was convenient.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Everything about the hotel itself was great, staff, rooms, location near train, meals, etc. however, do not get a room facing the courtyard, because what we were told is an adjacent nightclub played loud music until 3:00am our first two nights. A few days later, our third night was quiet as the night manager gave us rooms on the other side of the hotel. We wouldn't stay there again, unless assured the music problem was addressed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dennisj718
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This hotel is ideally situated on Karl Johans Gate, right in the centre of Oslo. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, particularly when we needed extra pillows in our room and with restaurant recommendations. On arrival, we were upgraded to a larger room which overlooked a small, quiet courtyard. The room was large with an armchair and a comfortably-sized bathroom with a very good shower. The beds were very comfortable because they have a soft mattress topper on each one.

Breakfast was excellent. A huge amount of choice and good quality produce. Everything from different breads and pastries, fruit, yoghurts, cereal, hot food, meats, cheeses and traditional Norwegian fare was on offer. A very wide variety indeed.

Internet speed was excellent throughout the hotel. The downstairs bar, which specialises in gin, was a great place to relax at the end of the day, or to come back to after eating out. The bartender there was very helpful and friendly.

Our room did not have a safe to store valuables, or a bath mat for the shower, but these are only tiny negatives for what was otherwise an excellent stay at a fantastic mid-range hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel went through extensive renovations recently and it seems brand new. Its location is unbeatable (main pedestrian street in the city, two blocks away from the train station).
Rooms are surprisingly large for a European hotel in this price range. It includes the washroom, big and well appointed.
Breakfast is free and it is good although it lacks variety.
Unfortunately, I can't give such a great hotel a better review for three specific issues:
First, there was a mixup with my reservation (partly an hotel issue) and the person at the reception desk was extremely unhelpful close to be rude. It came to the point she took away the key from my hands when I said I was going to escalate my complaint. Yet, the next day a fine gentleman explained to me in 30 seconds what the issue was and how it could get resolved. There is an old saying in customer service: "There is only one chance to make a first impression". In this case, it was not good at all.
Second, at breakfast time is difficult to find an open seat, not because it is full but because the tables are left with dirty dishes for long periods of time.
Lastly, the beds have strange thin mattresses that tend to slip throughout the night. Two of my three nights I awoke to a mattress half hanging outside the bed... weird.
All in all, I would come back and recommend if these issues are resolved.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business