All reviews great location pedestrian zone central station the main street gluten free options rooms are small hotel is perfect breakfast was delicious double bed stayed here for one night late check the heart of the city great shower long weekend visiting oslo would stay here again free tea and coffee
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I stayed for a few days on business and liked the place. The hotel is new and the rooms reflect this. On the downside I would say that the rooms are quite small. So if you plan to spend a lot of time in your room working, I'd look elsewhere. The desk is more for putting your phone on than working on.

Location is good, even excellent if you don't have much luggage to haul.

Breakfast is nice, with some hot foods on offer.

Comfort Hotel Karl Johan accept American Express.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I traveled to Comfort Hotel Karl Johan with some colleagues on a work trip. It was our first trip to Oslo. We were indeed dazzled by the neon lighs at reception. This we anticipated would provide the benchmark for the rest of our stay. While the rooms are quirky and fresh from ikea, there was a sad absence of anything else. No tissues, no toiletries, not even a shower cap in sight.
While the tv message promised friendship opportunities in the ironing room, we searched and searched and yet there was no ironing room to be found. Lucky we worked up a sweat in our search for the ironing room because the gym was still a work in progress. Much like finding someone to operate the coffee machine.
If you are a caffeine addict I could not even recommend to bring your own plunger as there is no kettle in the room. Breakfast only offers coffee akin to dirty snow.

On a bright note, breakfast was sumptuous, the staff very friendly and the breads were exceptional.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

The staff was generally helpful and nice; the rooms were also clean and felt new.

Unfortunately my two main reasons for choosing this hotel over the others were not fulfilled. #1 the gym that they so proudly advertise was still being renovated. It would be nice if they had some information on this on their website. #2 the breakfast was a sad show. The 'warm' food was stone cold (and swimming in fat and/or water) even at 6:30 when breakfast started. The only fish on offer was mackerel in tomato sauce... No salmon in sight. I guess it's part of the policy to cut in red meat.

I'll probably pick another hotel next time.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

A friend and I were here for a couple nights. The hotel is modern, clean and the decor is pretty cool. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was a good size, quiet and had good black out drapes (which was necessary because the darkest it ever seemed to get was dusky). The location was great for our first trip to Oslo. We arrived pretty late and it was very easy to find from the train station, and it was in a good location for exploring the neighborhoods around Oslo on foot. Plenty of good nightlife right outside the hotel's doorstep or venturing only 20 minutes walking to Grünerløkka.
Would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2016

This a very central hotel and the staff is great! The breakfast is very good, only downside they don't serve cappuccino ;) The room I was in was (very small) but nice and quite. It is not so convenient that there is no shelf in the bathroom to put your toilet bag and the shower was not really really clean when I arrived (some blond hair that were not mine). But overall I am satisfied and would stay there again!

• Trip type: Travelled on business