“Fusion Omakase”

Price range: US$65 - US$65
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Alex Sushi in Solli Plass square in Oslo is one of the city's finer sushi restaurants. The interior is modern and stylish with an open kitchen area where guests sit around an oval table, watching the mastery of the sushi chefs at work. The menu includes a fascinating number of ingredients, with some exotic highlights for the more adventurous. The service is relaxed, knowledgeable and friendly. An excellent wine list complements the food, with vintage varieties mainly from France and Italy.
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

I am quite experienced with array of Japanese foods and omakase. I like the way that Alex Sushi made me. All arrangement, except for the classic style nigiri platter, was mixed and fusion, delightful taste and nicely served. I had the fresh seabass with truffle sauce, deepfried catfish with spring onion and vinegar, and spicy baked lobster. Seafoods are all fresh. I had also the Nikki 15yo whiskey. Perhaps, drink list can be much improved to add more selection of sake and Japanese whiskey!

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Excellent. One of the best Japanese restaurants I have ever been and I can confess I am not a rookie, talking about japanese food A++++

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I was curious about this restaurant so I booked ahead a table for two there to celebrate my upcoming birthday.
When we arrived at the spot, we got not a table, but two high bar stools by the common table in front of the chef. We asked for something else, where we can at least sit opposite each other. We were directed to a tiny corner of a big oval table. It looked miserable. It was so squeezed I was not sure if there will be enough place for the black menu we were looking for to order.
The staff member offered us a glass of prosecco to cheer us up but we decided to leave. When we came back to front desk to pick up our coats, the manager mention she could look if there could be a table for us upstairs. She said the tables there were not "promised" to anyone yet. After a while she directed us upstairs where we finally got a normal table for two, which we have booked ahead.
We made our reservation from 18.00 to 20.00 and restaurant was almost empty at this time, and started slowly to fill up after 20.00 so I really don`t get why it was such a problem to give us the table we have ordered in advance. This wouldn`t even be an issue on a ordinary day, but I mentioned both on the phone and later in the restaurant this is a special occasion.
The rest of the evening was pleasant and we had marvelous sushi. The service was polite and professional. Food is excellent, but the evening was ruined a bit because of the manager. No hard feelings. I am writing this review only to warn other customers and because this has never happened to me before. It is a pity.

5  Thank Lara S
Reviewed 15 February 2016

My boyfriend asked me on a date and we had a lovely night. We orded some sprakling drinks and the black menu. Each dish was like a art piece and heaven on the tastepalets. The service perfect!

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I'd read really great things about Alex Sushi so had to try it since I really love sushi. I cringed a bit at the price but the 5 piece starter I got to take away (prawn, halibut, scallop, salmon and tuna nigiri) was worth every penny. Very fresh and tasty, the rice was great, and it came with a sizeable container of soy sauce and another of ginger. So much flavour!

1  Thank Alicea J