1,906 results
All reviews vending machine city box no frills train station self service checkin and checkout automatic check budget hotel the ground floor luggage storage common areas opera house extra towels rooms are basic checking in family room free wifi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I absolutely loved this place! It was the perfect location (right next to the train station), had a perfect sized room for a solo traveler (it was cozy, had everything you needed, and even more - i.e. a heated floor in the bathroom, so comfortable!), the WiFi was stable, and it was what I jokingly call an "introvert's dream" (I am an introvert myself) - check in and check out were entirely electronic, it was very easy and clear! I had an excellent stay at Citybox Oslo and will definitely stay there again if I am ever back in Oslo!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TheOatmealGirl
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi TheOatmealGirl!

Wow! Thanks for an amazing review of our hotel!

Flattered to read your kind words. Always fun to receive feedback from guests that seems to understand our concept. We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be a fair rate, and we are glad to see that you felt we offered just that! :)

Thanks again for a fantastic recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here for two nights September 30 and October 1. The hotel is good value for value for money and has easy to use self check in and check out. Although the hotel has minimal staff it has a concierge service available. In the late afternoon of 1 October on the way back to the hotel two credit cards we had been using fell out from our wallet and were lost. The hotel concierge on duty helped us to notify our credit provider because we had no phone service. We really appreciated this unexpected service and kind attention to our needs.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winebuff1951
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi Winebuff1951!

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be fair rate, so nothing pleases us more than when our guests echo our mantra of "value for money"!

We are pleased to read that we also were able to help you during your stay with us :)

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Good budget hotel, centrally located near the train station. Walking distance to city center. You only receive one towel each, but if you ask for additional towels they are provided (no additional fee). Rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis, which is perfectly fine if you are only staying for two nights. The only downside for us was that the room was quite warm, even with the heating turned off. We also stayed in the Citybox in Bergen, which we actually found even nicer than the one in Oslo.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anneke012

Hi Anneke012!

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

Happy to read that you enjopyed our location and found us to be a great budget hotel :)
Also nice to read that you enjoyed our hotel in Bergen!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I have booked one family room in citybox oslo, and marked we will have 2 children. With email contact, hotel suggested to add an additional bed in family room, I followed their suggestion with extra cost.
when checked in, as we just knew in family room, there was already four beds in the room(enough for our case), so just asked the recepitor to pick out the extra bed to save cost. This was done very quickly.
with this, I got the agreement with hotel manager for that refund, and I filled in my bank info in hotel standard form for that extra bed cost transfer back, and the manager promised this need approve, and will handle it within 2 weeks.
To keep both side keep noticed, I even drop a email after that fill in. Unfortunately, they just lost their words, after that, I never received any message/any $ from them at all.

Stayed: July 2018
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi lifeng l!

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

Cool to read that you enjoyed your stay in our family room.

Regarding the refund, I am unsure what can have happened here. Could you please send me an e-mail with the booking number so I can sort out the refund? My direct e-mail address is tina@citybox.no.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I traveled here is December 2017 with my Husband. We stayed for 3 nights.

We arrived via train from the airport which was really simple. The hotel is only a few blocks from the train station which was so easy.

Once we arrived at the hotel we did the self check in which was simple. We got the keys to our room and found it with no issues at all. The room was big with a double bed and en-suite. I really couldn't fault the room.

I liked the breakout space in the foyer which was lounges and a coffee machine area. This was nice if you wanted to get out of your room.

Good central location, clean and affordable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Traveller-Jes!

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

We love reading feedback from guests that seems to understand and appreciate our concept!
We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be a fair rate! :)