1,543 results
All reviews piano bar club room classic hotel an older hotel beautiful hotel central location inner courtyard public areas breakfast buffet royal palace airport bus lobby area national gallery quiet room within easy walking distance street noise location is excellent
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Old fashioned, but not out dated. Renovated recently in very good taste, all modern bathroom facilites. Large room, with beautiful decor, nice, although very soft, bed. Big windows, no view though. Really enjoyed the room.
Breakfast was good, not great, but good. Also tried roomservice breakfast, which was ok as well.
Service in hotel was friendly and everyone were very helpful.
Location of the hotel is very central, very good.
Nice four stars, would come back here!

1  Thank 410minnam
Idunn M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear 410minnam,
Thank you for your nice review on Trip Advisor!
Glad you would like to come back!
We are here for you..
Team Bristol

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I only stayed here one night so didn’t get a chance to try all of the facilities but I really enjoyed my stay because the room was very quiet (I couldn’t hear a single noise at all from my room all night) and also the breakfast was very nice with a huge range of choice and good standard of table service also. The whole hotel had a lovely old fashioned charm to it.

Dear puremagicman,
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This place warms on you. It has a very English atmosphere - its old fashioned lobby with mahogany panelled walls, slightly tired lifts and corridors at first make you wonder whether you’ve made the right choice, but the rooms are well appointed and very comfortable, the staff service is excellent and the food is first class. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. I got the impression the hotel is ‘the place’ for locals wanting to sample an English tea experience, because the sandwiches and cakes are gorgeous and the tea room is always busy. My wife and I enjoyed our stay here and if you like great service with good food and an atmosphere of faded elegance in an unpretentious hotel, you won’t go wrong staying here.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Russell D,
Thank you so much for your kind words on Trip Advisor!
We are glad you enjoyed our English atmosphere and that you are recommending us.
Team Bristol

Reviewed 7 November 2017

So much character. Rooms to die for. A staff that is ahead of your every need and so very friendly. The breakfast alone is worth the price of the room. Great location... ok I don't have anything bad to say. Oh yes, the prices are entirely reasonable for Oslo and for this quality. YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Idunn M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear MarkTCalgary,
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic feedback on TripAdvisor!
We are really pleased you were happy with your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed in Thon Hotel Bristol Oslo for 3 nights with my partner in October 2017.

For background: we are locals, but had our home refurbished and needed to stay in a hotel some of the days. We are also very familiar with other Thon hotels in the Oslo area.

This hotel is located just one block from the "main" street, Karl Johan. From the outside you'd never believe what a well-kept gem this hotel is. Therefore it was a pleasant surprise to walk into this elegant, old hotel - I felt like I had stepped into London or some other town with traditional places that take pride in good service.

Our room was a large club room (I think it was marketed as a premium room), and I mean it was very large for a room in Oslo. It reminded me of some of those prestigious lovely old hotels I've stayed in London. The windows were huge, the bed was comfortable, there was a capsule coffee machine and a desk of good size, plus an arm chair.

The bathroom was functional, however small and only had a shower. What I found a little odd was that even in this premium room you don't get any nice mini toiletries, just large pump bottles of L'Occitane product. I'm a toiletries geek, so for me this was a definite drawback. I associate large pump bottles with cheap hotels where margins are first priority, not guest experience. Also, we did not get refill of shower cap or vanity kit during our stay - very strange to expect that a vanity kit will last for 3 days?

Another small strange detail was the minibar. It has this detection system that when you move an item out of its place, the cost of it will be automatically added to your bill. This means that you're not able to have any of your own items in the fridge without messing up the minibar system. Another detail that reminded me of cheap hotels.

The bathrobes and slippers were delightful, and I liked the embroidered logos on the slippers. That gave a luxurious touch.

Now here's the best part about this hotel: it's one of the very few in Oslo that offer room service. And in this hotel, there is SO much delicious things to choose from! We used the room service each evening and loved the open sandwiches. The shrimp one had the most generous amount of large shrimps, while the roastbeef filled even my boyfriend's bottomless stomach. We tested even champagne via room service, and it got two thumbs up! Impressed with the speed of room service.

Then on to the breakfast. It's wonderful. I was particularly impressed with the selection of fresh vegetables and other healthy options (although the smoothies were on the sweet side). Service was very professional and quick.

This hotel is the perfect place for those that wish to experience good service, excellent location and rooms that are well maintained and clean.

Room tip: Club room / premium room is worth the extra cost!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johanna P

Dear Johanna P,
Thank you so much for your lengthy and constructive feedback on Trip Advisor!
We are glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us.
Re. the toiletries, the reason for the larger pump bottles are for environmental reasons. Less waste.
I do apologize if your vanity kits or shower caps weren't supplied often enough.
For the minibar; the current system is often up for evaluation, and we are making a note of your comments.
Welcome back some other time! I hope your home refurbishment went well!
Best regards, Team Bristol