“Very good stay”

Oslo Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice and warm hotel close to the centre of Oslo. 5-10 min walking distance from national theatre station (metro, train to airport and other locations) and well communicated with trams and buses. Breakfast is very good! Rooms are nice, comfortable but a bit small. There are not so many options for eating (and cheap eating) around but it's easy to reach other city area in not so much time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My friend and I ended up in one of the "family" rooms, which was two regular rooms and baths joined with a connecting door, so we each had lots of space -- a real bonus! The hotel is not your standard sterile place. With reindeer skins on the beds and other critters in the lobby, it won't appeal to everyone. But the service was friendly and helpful, the breakfasts good (including my first taste of carmelized goat cheese -- it's the brown one), and the location great. 10 minute walk to Aker Brygge and 10 to the Karl Johan pedestrian street.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was perfect for us. Great location, quiet room, healthy and delicious breakfast and super helpful staff. It is on a quiet street, but very close to transit and restaurants. We will definitely go back if visiting Oslo again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast had plenty of variety, was healthy and tasty. Totally unrelated to the hotel, we had a problem with a sim card purchase. The front desk staff worked with us until the problem was resolved. She is exceptional! You know you've found a great hotel when the staff fix problems that have nothing to do with the hotel. Great place; highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveOnVacation
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was not for me at all. It was clean and the staff ok, but I'm sorry the eco-warrior meets animal hunter in some confused approximation of earthy style did not work for me. This hotel was booked on my behalf, upon arriving I struggled to get my suitcases up the stairs, the front desk staff did not assist me. I was put off by dead animal skins that seemed mottled underneath on the bed. I told that staff member that I suffered from asthma and asked for all of the dead animal skin covers and pillows to be removed, as they were making me wheeze, only to be told that they did not have housekeeping there at that time ( Sunday evening) so had to remove and carry the. To the front desk myself. The towels are made of some type of recycled material and are like bathing with sandpaper, there was one iron for each floor, no mini bar, no closet - I had to hang my clothes on a narrow rack by the door, there are no telephones in the room to contact the front desk or anyone else for that matter and to make matters worse the stairwell door leading to outside the back of the hotel was propped open- all day. Definitely a security risk. I would not recommend it, if you like hypoallergenic, modern, hotel rooms. This was supposed to be rustic and charming but it did not come up to a the standard that I expect. I was due to be there for 11 days and stayed for one night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business