Scandic Sjolyst
Park Inn by Radisson Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$151
Citybox Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Fitness centre
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$188
ScandicHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$177
Hotwire.com
US$491
US$467
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationbusiness tripcity centreiron and ironing boardbreakfast selectionnice hotelvery pleasant staythe viking ship museumclose to the hotelroom was clean and comfortablebreakfast was excellentpublic transportone night staysmoked salmonmin walkhotel roomvisiting oslo
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Cheap hotel for Oslo and good breakfast including but everything about the room was just awful. Booked a King Room and got a run down, dirty, old motel style bog standard room. We raised our concern that we hadn't been given what we'd payed for and got moved to another room, still nothing like the pictures you see on site. Due it it only being a weekend trip we made do with this second room but I'd definitely think again if you're booking expecting to be welcoming into the lovely rooms they falsely advertise!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Theodor v, General Manager at Scandic Sjolyst, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Jess Y
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. Disappointed to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations at all. We have tried to give a good impression of the type of rooms we have on our web and tried to be transparent in this regard to the variety of rooms. We have renovated rooms in different stages so therefore some of the rooms will appear somewhat older than the other. They are all displayed on our web. We are undergoing a comprehensive renovation which will be finalised in 2019 where all our room will get a total makeover. I do hope to see you back with us. Have a great day.
Best

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Fairly basic hotel that makes up for it with helpful friendly staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was a little basic but functional.
The front desk was great. Over the two days there was recognition of being a guest and funny friendly humour and banter.

Thanks for a nice stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Theodor v, General Manager at Scandic Sjolyst, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Nat W
I am absolutely delighted to read your comment and so happy and grateful that you appraise my colleagues. This means a lot to us and I can assure you that this comment made our day. The hotel will undergo a comprehensive refurbishment and extension over the next 16/17 months. As soon as this is finalised the service and the product will walk hand in hand.
Hope to see you back in the near future.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Room not clean and bed unchanged. Cups were not clean and me and my pregnant wife had to change the sheets ourselfs because the personal was alone at the desk and did not want to come and do it for us. I have no problem doing it my self but not When I pay for a hotel.I would never use Scandic again..

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Theodor v, General Manager at Scandic Sjolyst, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear bogdanafratila
Thank you so much for letting me know about this.
Please accept my deepest apologies for this incident.
This is obviously not at all good enough and not acceptable.
Please contact me at theodor.vonporat@scandichotels.com and I will see if we can do anything to somewhat rectify this.
Have a great day and hope to hear back from you in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 2 March 2018

The staff are amazing, extremely helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was fantastic and the value for dinner at their restaurant is also great. The location is fairly central depending on your purpose. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear mollers2018
What a wonderful review to receive on a cold winter Monday. Absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and had such a pleasant stay with us. I do hope to see you back with us.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 17 February 2018

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Theodor v, General Manager at Scandic Sjolyst, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018