1,315 results
All reviews egon restaurant train station same building central location breakfast is served rooms are small bunk beds next morning opera house breakfast restaurant short stay excellent location family room nice breakfast stayed one night perfect hotel main station
Reviewed 11 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Mikael P, General Manager at Scandic Byporten, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed here as a couple during a guided tour (run by PTG Tours - unfortunately their customer skills leave a great deal to be desired - but that is another sad story) and had nothing but a great experience at this hotel.
Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff very friendly and co-operative.
Ask for a room overlooking the square - great views.
The hotel is just a 30 second walk form trams/trolleys and buses.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rowan,

Thank you so much for the great feedback - highly appreciated! Let us know next time you are planning a visit to Norway and we will start up our own tour company to make the complete trip successful :)

Warm regards,

Mikael Pohjonen

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Situated in the heart of the city next to the central railway station and the old station with it's restaurants and cafes. The room was compact but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was served in the adjacent Egon restaurant and was excellent in choice and quality. There are plenty of places for eating out in the old station or around the cathedral. Next door to the hotel is a compact shopping centre with a number of coffee shops/ cafes and a good range of shops.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Mikael P, General Manager at Scandic Byporten, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Jim,

Wow - thank you so much for the great review. Do let us know what we can do to reach 5/5 for your next stay :)

Warmly welcome back!

Best regards,

Mikael Pohjonen

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We were in Oslo for hardly 15 hours , and this hotel was the perfect choice for us as it was right next to the station. The check-in was smooth and done by a very courteous staff member. As requested in my email to them , we were given a higher floor & a view of the square.The rooms are definitely smaller than what I am used to living in , but I was impressed by the aesthetic way in which they were designed , making them look much bigger than they really are.
I had asked for an early wake-up call for both our rooms ( which had been duly noted at night ) , but surprisingly , there was no call despite being clearly written on top of a sheet of paper placed on the desk , right in front of the staff member(s) who were present at check-out. But , I refrained from highlighting this lapse as I was in a hurry. Since we had to take the first train in the morning to the airport , we had requested for a packed breakfast , which was quite satisfactory for European standards.
In short , this place is perfect for anyone who's in the city for a short while , and has to take a train to/from Oslo

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mrs Verma,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us, although you only stayed 15 hours :)
Great to hear that we were able to accommodate the room request but at the same time a pity that the important information about the wake up did not work - I will, on your behalf, address this important issue with the team so that it does not happen in the future.

Hopefully we get to see you here in the future and that you then will stay 16 hours or longer :)

Warm regards from a cold Oslo

Mikael Pohjonen //General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Access within the train central station is very convenient! You also have access to all the shops and restaurants if you don’t want to bother searching!

The breakfast at Egon is balanced, good variety and early not too crowded.

Finally the room was spacious (I had superior room) and windows well sound proof, useful on the weekend when bars are closing.

I will go back for sure

But as unfortunately, as in some other Oslo hotels, the cleaning is neglected, I was there 5 days and bed sheets not changed at all. Towels yes and rapid cleaning!

I discussed with front desk and should be addressed!

So let’s see next time

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr Courtemanche,

Thank you so much for constructive feedback - it is highly valuable! We also love the location :) Great to hear about the experiences in both the restaurant and the room.

With regards to the room cleaning, I am not sure what has gone wrong, but clearly there has been a failure in our routines. This has been brought forward and my colleague in the housekeeping department forwards her most sinceres apologies. I would also like to thank you in advance that despite of this, you chose to come back. Do send me and email in advance (mikael.pohjonen@scandichotels.com) and I will personally make sure that the cleaning is top notch.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Warm regards,