2,609 results
All reviews train station breakfast buffet perfect location arriving by train single room nice hotel great breakfast nutshell tour airport express oslo fjord business room main station hotel is located stayed here for one night city centre oslo pass public transportation
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The rooms are big and clean. Lots of space for 3 people. Very convenient as it is located next to the central station. Easy to and from the airport and any other places. Walking distance to the Opera house, water front and other tourist areas. Front desk is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear JJT888,

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and your room. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, I’m glad we have been helpful and friendly. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to Oslo so much that we might have the joy of welcoming you back to our city and Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I‘ve stayed 3 nights at the Thon Hotel for a convention. The hotel is located right next to the main station and only 2-3 min away from the beautiful opera. The (single) room was quite small but very pragmatic and clean. The food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) at the hotel was fantastic. Will be coming again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear MatPin,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our location has been convenient for your exploration of our city. And thank you for your kind words about the food being served during your stay. I do look forward to be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Good service in the heart of Oslo. The location and the breakfast is worth spending time and money on. The view to the Opera house and sea is gone but still love this Hotel. Good decorated and clean rooms. Quiet for staying so close to Railway Station and traffic.

Stayed: June 2018
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Bente M,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera, and thank you for your top rating! I’m happy to read that you are enjoying our hotel and that you seem to be a frequent guest. I’m glad you find our rooms clean and that the breakfast is of your liking, and I do hope we soon will have the joy of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera yet again.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

The room we got was small and the while one would expect a variety of soap and shampoo in a 4 star hotel, we found only one kind of soap for all purposes.There was no bath robes or slippers. In a review from 2016 we read that the hotel had offered coffee and tea all day long but that turned out to be ancient history. Obviously they save money in Thon Hotel Opera.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Dala762, thank you for your rating and comment. I’m sorry to read that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and have found the amenities in the room to be too few. Robes, flippers and a selection of Molton Brown products are available in all our upgraded rooms, but not in the standard rooms. I’m also afraid the review you have read about free coffee and tea must have been incorrect, as our hotel always have offered bar and restaurant services for these products. Many of our other Thon Hotels however have a Nespresso machine in their lobby, I assume the reviewer have mixed the hotels while talking about this services. Again, I’m sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations; I do hope you enjoyed Oslo and that we might have the chance to welcome you back to our city on a future occasion. Maybe one of our sister hotels might have the standard and services you expect, and that we might welcome you back to Thon Hotels. Kind regards Marius Lilleng, Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We have just departed Oslo, staying in this hotel for one night while touring the city. The location is perfect—minutes away from the dock of our ship from Denmark and the train to Bergen is in the back yard. The staff was very helpful and extremely gracious, even offering bottled water when we asked where to get some.

However, my husband and I were traveling with two young children and wanted to make sure we had adjoining rooms, and the woman on staff told us that they didn’t have such rooms available—or that they don’t exist in that hotel? Not sure, and it could have been a language barrier thing. We booked through an agent but if you are making the reservation, you may want to ask first if you need this. Although they did give of rooms next door to one another. But with he age of our children, we needed access.

Also, avoid the fifth (and perhaps fourth) floor! There is a buffet restaurant on the fourth with an open area to the fifth. In the evening, we were overwhelmed by the smell of fish in our hall, wafting up from restaurant, we found later. And in the morning, this vegetarian was greeted with the overbearing odor of bacon at about 4:30 am. I know, a dream for others, but...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NoYaYaMa

Dear NoYaYaMa,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have found our location to be convenient both for traveling and for exploring our city. I’m sorry that you were not able to have a connection room, we only have a limited number of rooms, and they are normally booked up way in advance. As your nickname does not give us any clue of your real name, I’m afraid we cannot figure out where the miscommunication has been made. As for the restaurant; this is originally located on the 3rd floor, but due to refurbishment this summer is it located on the 4th. I’m sorry that the smells from the buffets have troubled you. I do hope we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion, and that you will enjoy your next stay even more.