2,609 results
All reviews train station breakfast buffet perfect location arriving by train single room nice hotel great breakfast nutshell tour airport express oslo fjord business room main station hotel is located stayed here for one night city centre oslo pass public transportation
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Lovely hotel located next to the main Oslo Railway station. Very comfortable and provided good service. The rooms are very well appointed with views of the water front and city. Located over the road from the Opera House and an easy walk to the main street, shopping and tram/bus stops.. It is interesting to note, to date none of the hotels in Norway offer in room safes.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gallding
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Gallding,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have enjoyed your visit at our hotel and that our location has been convenient for your plans in the city. It is correct that our standard rooms do not have safes in room, as this is just in our upgraded rooms. A free of charge safe is however available at our front desk, and I do hope you were able to make use of this during your stay. I also hope we might have the joy of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

The best point about this hotel is that its a hop and a skip from the main Oslo train station.
Its accessibility from the airport train makes it a great transit stopover if you are travelling onwards by plane.
The rooms were comfortable and quiet with good views of the city, although there is a lot of building activity in the locality, so not sure how long this will be the case for.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear IdleBaldy

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review after your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad our central location has been convenient for your visit to Oslo and happy that you have enjoyed your hotel room. At this moment there is no plans for building anything at the square on our west side, so hopefully will we still have a city view for some of our rooms in the time to come. I do hope we will have the joy of welcoming you back to us at Thon Hotel Opera, so that you may experience the view once again yourself.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Going on a business trip for a few nights in Oslo and since I have good experiences with the Thon chain I chose this one this time.

I booked a double room for myself and it has nice space and a big bathroom with a shower/tub combo. Heathing in bathroom floor, smart TV, minibar, bathrobes, slippers with more. Free wifi and breakfast.

Breakfast covers most choices and was very nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear enurweb

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review after your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have enjoyed your stay and that our room amenities have been of your liking. Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast, I do hope we were able to give you a good start on the morning. I also hope we will have the joy of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Last visit the breakfast room was manic , never seen so many people. Towels in bathroom threadbare , no shower gel in shower dispenser. Feels like they just rely on huge tour groups . Very little charm overall & unengaged staff . Will look for something else next time in Oslo.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil L
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Phil L,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and that not everything has been as expected when arriving. I can understand that our breakfast may seem crowded from time to time, especially during the weekends when the most of our guests are choosing to have breakfast the final serving hour. I’m afraid the time our guests choose to have breakfast is out of our control, but the service should never the less be of a good standard. Our rooms should neither have threadbare towels or empty dispenser, and your comment has been forwarded to our Housekeeper so that the member of staff cleaning your room will have the opportunity to improve the job. I’m sorry that you find our staff to be unengaged, but I do hope you will consider giving us at Thon Hotel Opera a new chance on your next visit to Oslo.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

A great location - at least when arriving or leaving by train. Very friendly and helpful staff
Rooms: spacioous and nice, BUT: the "singles" are extremely small!
Breakfast very good.
Overall a very nice, comfortable hotel in the city center.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear UrsulaHans,

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our location has been convenient for your transportation plans. Glad that the breakfast has given you a good start on your morning and that our staff has been friendly and helpful. I do hope we will have the joy of welcoming you abck to Oslo and Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion.