2,559 results
All reviewstrain stationbreakfast buffetperfect locationarriving by trainnice hotelsingle roomgreat breakfastnutshell tourairport expressoslo fjordbusiness roommain stationhotel is locatedcity centreoslo passpublic transportationvisiting oslo
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Excellent hotel literally across the street from Oslo Central Station. Super easy access if you're arriving from Oslo airport via Flytoget Airport Express train, it's less than a hundred meters from the Flytoget platform to the hotel door.

The breakfast buffet was amazing, my first introduction to a proper Norwegian breakfast. Lots of seafood and various Norwegian specialties.

The room was efficient but comfortable and quiet, the bed was excellent.

Staff were uniformly friendly and accommodating.

I'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear BA_Lars,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and that our breakfast has given you a good start on your morning. I do hope we soon will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oslo and Thon Hotel Opera yet again.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived by train and we're delighted to find the hotel right there outside the station ! We had taken the picturesque train, bus, fiord cruise from Bergen to Flam for an overnight stay; then the infamous Flam railway, plus a fast train to Oslo. We were delighted to say our suitcases where waiting for us at the hotel after successfully being transported via a porter service, saving us the hassle of luggage and allowing us to enjoy some of Norway's spectacular scenery. The hotel was ideally located 5 minutes from the harbour and Opera House, it had the information centre directly behind; was down the road from the interesting architectural Barcode; walking distance to Renzo Piano's Astrup Fearnley museum, Aker Brugge, the Royal Palace and gardens. Oslo was such an easy city to walk and our hotel location added immensely. The hotel was very well appointed, maintained and decorated with most things Opera! The breakfasts were delicious, varied and ample. The staff where quick and helpful and happily stored our luggage after check out before we took the overnight ferry to Copenhagen. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Thon Hotel Opera again. Well done!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and that your visit to Oslo has been a success. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and breakfast. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to Oslo so much that we might be able to welcome you back to our city and Thon Hotel Opera soon again.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We were on a conference in April and I must say that we enjoyed it. Very good hotel, good and clean rooms and great breakfast in the morning. Wifi is available ih whole hotel. Position of the hotel is nearby the train station so the connection to the airport is not a problem and hotel is easy to find. Real 4star hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mladen B,

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have enjoyed your time with us and that you have found our location to be convenient for your visit to Oslo. I do hope we might have the joy of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Opera, indeed! Wonderfully over the top interior that is matched with excellent service and a terrific breakfast. My room was comfortable, clean, quiet, modern, and attractive. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful.

The location is also perfect - no more than a 15 minute walk from exiting a train to the lobby. The hotel is very centrally located and convenient to the rest of Oslo. I would definitely stay at the Thon Hotel Opera again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank OutdoorGal17

Dear OutdoorGal17,

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and that you have liked out décor. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, I do hope we might welcome you back to Oslo and Thon Hotel Opera soon again.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Room and facilities were good. The location is excellent as you are right next to station, shopping centers and the coast with Opera house. Breakfast was good and there were good variety of food. Also the atmosphere was nice and calm even the hotel was quite booked. There is fitness room which is quite good size and nice also. Will stay there also next time!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear mirdi79,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that our location has been convenient for your visit to Oslo and that you have been able to explore our neighborhood. Glad that you have enjoyed the breakfast and fitness room, and I do look forward to be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a future occasion