2,623 results
All reviews train station taxi rank breakfast buffet perfect location single room nice hotel nutshell tour great breakfast oslo airport oslo fjord main station business room hotel is located oslo pass public transportation city centre superior room
Reviewed 19 July 2016

This hotel was maybe the biggest surprise of our trip to Norway.

We prefer hotelrooms with a central location and a nice view. When searching for this type of hotel in Oslo, Thon Hotel Opera did not pop up as matching our wishes. On the official website, the description of the rooms is not very detailed and we had to send an email to the hotel to find out that business rooms not only had fantastic Opera and harbour views but also disposed of a balcony. On the website, the room seems rather small, but we were happy to discover that it was quite spacious and provided items such as a Nespressomachine with coffee, a waterkettle and tea, an ironing board and iron, bathrobe and slippers. The large bathroom was spotlessly clean.
The entire hotel has been recently renovated in a stylish minimalistic decor with happy colours, the location next to the Central Station is perfect when using the Flytoget from and to the airport. The City Hall is not more than 15 minutes walk.
Staff was efficient and overall kind, the included breakfastbuffet excellent.

Only minor point for which the hotel is not responsible : opposite to the hotel construction works for a new national library are going on and might take some of the beautiful views in future. The works were not noisy and did not disturb us, except when taking pictures of the Opera from our balcony.

We were extremely happy with our choice and would certainly stay here again.

Room tip: Business rooms have harbour view and balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marius L, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear snorringBommel,

Thank you for your top rating and for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, and that you have been pleasantly surprised by the room, view and our breakfast. Glad our location has worked well for you, both for transportation and exploring the city. I do hope we will have the honor of welcoming you back to Oslo, and Thon Hotel Opera, on a later occasion.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my family.
2 rooms had great views but the 3rd faced the station.
Perfect location for visiting Oslo. Only minutes from the old centre and the magnificent Opera house, and 2 minutes walk to the Station if travelling by train.
The hotel is modern and the rooms are very good. The beds are good and we slept well.
Tea and coffee making in the room and huge flat screen tv's.
Breakfast is superb and caters for every taste.
The entire area to the front is being built up to create thousands of apartments and a park area so this will continue for a considerable time as they have only laid foundations. I don't think this will cause any disturbance but may affect the wonderful views to the front in future.
Well recommended hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marius L, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear MartinHalliday,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad you have enjoyed your stay and that our location has been convenient for both traveling and exploring the city. Happy to read that the amenities of the rooms have been of your liking, and that the breakfast has been superb. The construction site in front of our is actually the new main library of Oslo, and is due to be completed in 2019, opening in 2020. Unfortunately, we may lose some of our view when it’s finished, but the design will be beautiful. Hopefully we may welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion, maybe after the library is finished?

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived by train from the airport, so could not have hoped for a better location, 2 minutes from the station. No noise from station or traff. We had a room on the 9th floor with a balcony, what a lovely view of Oslo fjord and the opera house. Oslo is not a big city, so many attractions can be reached on foot, which was made easier by the hotel's location. Very good selection of restaurants, but be warned, Oslo is by far the most expensive Scandinavian capital! The hotel is very good, excellent selection of fresh and cooked food- the fresh mackerel was soo tasty. Also, a good gym that is well equipped. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a very good size, nice bed, sofa, armchair and the excellent view from the balcony. Would definitely recommend this hotel :-)

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Graham C,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us in one of our business rooms, and that you have found our location to be convenient for both travel and your plans in the city. I’m glad that you have enjoyed the breakfast and that you found the gym to be well equipped. I do hope you will be coming back to Oslo on a later occasion, and that we yet again may welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I don't think the location of this hotel could be any better. It's a two minute walk from the central train station and another hub for trams and buses. It's about 5 minutes from the main shopping area and right next to the opera house, which is beautiful.

Our room was small but there was a ton of counter space in the bathroom and ample shelving which helped make it comfortable for two people. I LOVED the heated floor in the bathroom, as Oslo was quite chilly even in July. We had some trouble with our shower flooding but housekeeping cleaned it up quickly and had a technician check the drain the next morning.

The breakfast buffet was the most extensive and high-quality I've ever seen. It included every breakfast food I could imagine and it was fun to try traditional Norwegian food. The peppered mackerel and Norwegian pancakes were especially delicious, but everything was good. There is plenty of seating at breakfast which is helpful as it was quite busy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear danihawk,

Thank you for your top rating and taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that our location has been so convenient for both traveling and your plans in the city. I’m glad to hear that you have liked the interior and layout of our hotel room, and that the bathroom has been convenient. I’m glad that our staff has fixed the problems you experienced quickly, and I do hope nothing that shouldn’t became wet. Again, thank you for your top ratings, hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

My son and I visited Oslo for the first time on Wednesday, 6th July and stayed at the Thon hotel Opers. We were very impressed with the service, friendliness and food. Rooms were very comfortable and we especially enjoyed the modern decor. Excellent position for all the sights, especially the wonderful Opera House, and so near to the Rail Station. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Marius L, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Margareth B,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay, and that our central location has been convenient for both visiting the city and sights, and for traveling. I’m glad that the food has been of your liking, and that our staff has given good service and been friendly. Thank you for your recommendation, I do hope we will have the joy of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.