2,593 results
All reviews train station breakfast buffet perfect location arriving by train nice hotel single room great breakfast nutshell tour airport express oslo fjord business room main station hotel is located city centre oslo pass public transportation visiting oslo
Reviewed 21 February 2016

I was only in Oslo for two nights with work but the Thon Hotel opera was a fantastic base to explore the City. The staff were all extremely friendly, the food was amazing - the breakfast has an incredible choice and a generous amount of time to enjoy it. The rooms we were staying in were compact but had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. Being so close the to the main station was very useful and just a stones throw from the Opera House. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Catherine G
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Dear Catherine G,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our location has been working so well for your plans in Oslo. Thank you for your kind words about friendly staff and amazing food, and especially thank you for your recommendation. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera soon again.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable visit to the Thon. The hotel is right in the center of the city, next to the railway station.

We enjoyed the design of the hotel and our room, which had a great view of the opera house.

Breakfast was very tasty and the customer service was friendly. There was really nothing to complain about.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear znkl,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad our central location in Bjørvika in Oslo has worked well for your plans in the city. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel rooms, and I’m glad you got a good start on your day with our breakfast. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on another occasion.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Great hotel in the very heart of the City Centre. Everything was just about perfect probably one of the cleanest hotels I was ever in. It was absolutely pristine. The only problem was I booked a double room but got 2 single beds pushed together, but everything else was soo good I did not complain.

Room Tip: If you want a double bed make sure you get one Two single beds pushed together is not a double bed. Otherwise a really great hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Dear Maroon516,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our central location has been convenient for your plans in Oslo. I’m sorry to hear that your room category has been changed. A twin room and a double room are both sold in the same category of rooms from many of the web pages that provide room for us, normally we would either change your room to a double, and if this category is fully booked, “clips” are available for the beds, so that they will appear as one big bed. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to us at Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion, and that you will get a double bed.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Hotel is very conveniently situated. Close to rail and bus services and city centre. Has splendid views of new opera house. Staff very helpful and courteous. Room not large, but perfectly adequate and clean. Bistro restaurant on ground floor was good. Can recommend this Hotel

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marion W
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear s Marion W,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. And thank you for your kind recommendation of our hotel. I’m glad to read that our location has been convenient for you, the staff has been helpful and that the food in Eufemia Bar on our ground floor has been tasteful. I do hope we will have the honor of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

It is a two minute walk from the train station and the express line to the airport. It is new and fresh. The room was functional but not luxurious. The breakfast buffet is very extensive and very good. Wi-fi is included. It is a little outside of downtown but the walk is pretty quick.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Dear cgny1fwd,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that the breakfast has given you a good start on your day. Glad to hear that you have found our location to be convenient for your plans in town. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.