Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy
US$233
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$195
US$233
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Fitness centre
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$187
ScandicHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$140
Official Site
US$561
US$535
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational gallerylight dinnerbreakfast and evening mealunderfloor heating in the bathroomnice hotelsuperior roombuffet styletop floornice breakfastthe main streetcold cutsexpensive osloquiet roomroyal castleperfect locationthe heart of the citysalmon
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business and August. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and very helpful and the breakfast buffet was very, very good. It even catered for people with hopeless allergies such as myself (gluten AND lactose). The hotel also had a light dinner included in the price (bread, soup, etc), which would have been fantastic for those without allergies.

With regards to the rooms, it seems essential to request a room towards the back if you´re a light sleeper such as myself. At first I was given a room facing the road and I could pretty much hear whole conversations despite being on the fourth floor. The staff went out of their way to find me another room, and thankfully I got a full nights sleep. The rooms I saw were both quite basic, but more than adequate for a quick stay.

I would definitely stay here again. Most of the other hotels I have seen in Oslo for around the same price (Thon-chain) have been aweful.

Room Tip: Request a room towards the back if you need a good nights sleep!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristina009
Reviewed 12 September 2011

we picked this hotel for the location, price and the convenience of the free dinner. the staff was very kind and updated our book early discount from 10% to 20% after a change in the offer post-booking. The room was not as small as I thought it would be based on the other reviews. The breakfast was served in the restaurant and it had a good selection and delicious croissants. Dinner, on the other hand, was served in a room upstairs and it mainly consisted of a green salad, cold cuts, soup and a warm entree. The entree and soup were definitely microwaved! The bread it seems to be bought frozen and then warmed in the oven and one night it wasn't completely warmed up and the middle was very frozen, but the woman in charge of dinner just ignored it. Also, the quality of the food and the service is highly dependent on which woman is in charge of dinner.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andreea2010
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the Clarion Collection for one night. The hotel is conveniently located for all downtown attractions, just a short walk to the central station, public transport and the main street. We were first given a room whose door couldn't be closed and therefore the front desk immediately changed our room. The room was quite small but the bathroom was very spacious.
The buffet breakfast in the morning was great. The hotel also offers a light complimentary buffet dinner in the evening. Even if we didn't eat in, we thought this to be a very nice touch in a very expensive city like Oslo. During the afternoon tea and cookies are offered free of charged.
All in all a very positive experience and we would gladly go back. The price is a bit high (> 1300 NOK per night), but you don't get cheap accomodation in Oslo at all.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GioVale20
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Fast and helpful communication via email and while being there. Nice, clean room and very good breakfast. The hotel is very located in the city center and it's no problem to reach anything by feet: Harbour, central station, Colorline-ferry to Kiel, Vigeland Parken aso.

Can't say anything about the dinner, because we had dinner in the city, but it's a nice extra to have that included in an expensive city like Oslo.

When we should be in Oslo again, that would be the hotel of our choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed 5 September 2011

See my pictures. The bathroom had nice tiles in it. But the room was like a college dorm room. The bed had a 3" foam pad on it. NO MATTRESS and was like 3 feet wide. If i was more then 6 feet tall I would not fit in the bed and my feet would be in the closet.

You got a free breakfeast and dinner but both were not worth it. As the pickings for dinner were like eating in a college dorm room (oops I was in one).

You do not get points on your USA Choice hotels either.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo