All reviews royal palace a quiet residential area boutique hotel lovely boutique frogner park nice hotel tram stop great breakfast city centre breakfast room is shopping street minute walk two blocks breakfast selection nespresso machine walking distance smoked salmon
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We arrived very late so they enabled us a late check out. Nice smily stuff. The hotel is a bit far from the center (25 minutes walking). Full of art and designed nicely. Good breakfast in the cellar which is a bit dark.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GozaliA
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Great kitchen amenities, our apartment for 4 was perfect with 2 bathrooms and comfy beds. Since it's summer and it wasnt as cold, needed the windows to open wider, one was stuck closed. the little fans were nice but maybe bigger fans during summer. The most impt suggestion is to have a receptionist at the apartment for better service to guest outside of the hotel. It would've been easier to check-in, because we had to carry all 5 of our luggages through the winding and uphill roads not knowing how far the apartments are from the hotel itself.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Karen Y
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Great breakfast and location. The bar was not great, they just had a couple of simple cocktails. The room was clean and quite and great for a family! We will probably stay here again, next time we visit Oslo.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I stayed at Saga Hotel for a night. The rooms were small and very basic. Two small single beds, a lounge chair, and a bathroom. The staff was friendly and quite helpful.

The hotel is a 15-20 minute walk from Oslo Central Station. I made an unwise decision to walk from the train station to the hotel with my luggage. I would suggest other guests to take an Uber instead. The walk was not easy as the rooms were cobblestoned rooms and there was a slight incline. The ride to the train station took about 5-10minutes.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We were on vacation to Norway in June 2018. We realised that Norway having a cold climate, some hotels may not be offering Air conditioning in their rooms. We booked Radisson at almost all cities but the Radisson at Oslo informed us that they did not have air conditioning. Since we travel to Europe every summer for family vacations, we knew June could be a hot month and that Air conditioning was a prerequisite. We researched and discovered that none of the hotels we were considering in Oslo had Air Con. We then stumbled upon the Saga Hotels website where it was mentioned that they had Air conditioning . We carefully read the website and booked 2 superior rooms which specifically mentioned Air Conditioning as a room feature. When we checked in, we figured out that it was too warm in the room. We thought it may turn cooler in some time, so we did not think about it and went out to explore the city. When we came back at 10 pm, the room was extremly hot and we were sweating! I called the reception, no one picked up, I went down to the reception to ask about the AC not working and to my surprise I was told that they DO NOT have airconditioning. When I told her that it is mentioned on the website and that I have paid for expensive rooms only because I wanted the Air Conditioning, all she had to say was that she was sorry and cannot do anything about it. I asked for the manager and was told that he has left for the day. Now, this is the reason why I don't stay in Hotels which do not have global recognition. We had no option but to go back and sleep in hot rooms. Needless to say, none of us could sleep that night. The next morning I met the manager who I must say was very polite. I was assured that they had a central airconditioning system and that the room temperatures were being maintained at 21.5 degrees. He assured me that he will take care of this and that we will find our rooms cooler tonight. He also offered us a small discount for the discomfort on our day 1 at the hotel. I also requested him for fans in the rooms. After we came back that night, we found the rooms as hot as they were the night before, no signs of air conditioning!! There was a fan in each room as promised but...... the fan was a joke- it was so small that it could barely circulate air 10 inches away from it!. So we had another sleepless hot night. We had to check out early the third morning and requested the frontdesk for a packed breakfast comprising of only juice and a whole fruit. When we checked out at 7.30 am, there was no packed breakfast for us!. ( even though we had a breakfast charge on our room rate) . The fact that they did have air conditioning is not what I am complaining about. I am complaining about the MISREPRESENTATION on the website that they have air con. I was cheated upon and that is what I am complaining about. Giving me a small discount doesn't cover up for a false representation and defenitley doesn't compensate us for ruining our 2 days in Oslo. I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family