All reviews royal palace a quiet residential area boutique hotel lovely boutique frogner park nice hotel tram stop great breakfast city centre breakfast room is shopping street minute walk two blocks breakfast selection nespresso machine walking distance smoked salmon
Reviewed 18 October 2017

In general the stay was as expected. Distance to the city center is a drawback, particularly to elderly, less fit people. For future visits to the city Saga wil definitely be considered for another stay by us.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My and my colleagues was staying 2 nights in Saga Apartment. The neighbourhood was very peaceful and just 15 minutes walk from city center. The breakfast was fabulous and staff was professional. Almost 5/5 hotel, but in my hotel room was shower water temperature wasn't steady. It was by the time cold and hot. There wasn't electricity in my colleague's room and another colleague's bathroom sink doesn't work. But the flaws was fixed by next day.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed one night at an apartment at this hotel when being in Oslo for meetings. Very nice and quite spacious apartment. I also like the area this hotel is in: it is close to Bogstadveien (shopping street in the middle of Oslo), but the few hundred metres distance from it also means the area is calm and quiet. Recommend!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights at the Saga hotel apartments, and we could not have asked for a better stay! The apartment was clean, warm, and close to EVERYTHING!! The shower had a heated floor and great water pressure. The kitchenette was equipped with everything you need to cook a meal....oh and THE BED!! The bed was super comfortable. There's also a small balcony with a table and chairs for smokers, which was very nice, as my boyfriend is a smoker.
The people in the other reviews complaining about noise must have been very light sleepers because we felt like we were sleeping in a vault. It was almost TOO quiet. Also the people complaining about the walk from the hotel to the apartments must be out of shape, or must have had a lot of luggage. But if you have a lot of luggage, any walk is going to be a bad walk! It was no more than 1000ft. at most! The apartment was within walking distance from great restaurants, and clothing stores, a 7-11 and a kiwi grocery store. Anything you need is just around the corner! Overall, I don't have a single complaint about our stay at Saga hotel apartments. Not one! I will definitely stay here next time I visit Oslo.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna W
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

... as long as you don‘t get a room on the ground floor, near the kitchen, like e.g 110. Because then you have the feeling of being IN the kitchen, at least when it comes down to smell. Opening the windows only makes it worse. No other room could be offered except for an appartment, 200 meters away, which was not an option, since we are staying as a party of 3. Quite a disappointment.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
SagaHotelOslo, Hotel Manager at Saga Hotel Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Thom.
First of all, thank you for taking the time to evaluate our performance during your visit to our Saga Hotel Oslo.

I am sorry to see that you feel disturbed by the smell from kitchen. I see that you stay in one of our rooms facing the backyard. Unfortunately there will always be a risk of some smell from the kitchen, but we have never experienced that this has been noticed inside our rooms when the windows are closed before. We do have a centrally controlled ventilation/ air-condition system for the entire building, and the filters for the incoming air are not placed near the ventilation from the kitchen. I will of course check if there are any other explanations for how you experienced this smell so strong as you refer to in your email. We have been fully booked the last days, this is the explanation for why we haven’t been able to move you over to another room. The restaurant was closed yesterday since it was Sunday, so I hope that you had at least one evening without the smell from our kitchen.
I see that you will be staying for one more night, and it will be possible to move room for you for the last day. Though – this will have to be done before 1pm today, so that we can clean your present room for new clients.
I tried to knock on your door 5 minutes ago, but I will also try to get in touch with you by using the email we have in your booking.

I hope you will be able to enjoy your last night here.

Yours truly,