All reviews metro station town centre would stay again couple of nights national gallery royal palace stortinget karl
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible, all over. Wifi was not working properly. A lot of noice from the street. Horrible «breakfast». No aircon, extremely hot. Dirty bathroom. Not what the pictures described at all.
Will never book here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in Oslo and needed basic accommodation near train station and the sights. When it gets dark at midnight, one doesn’t spend much time in hotel. The P Hotel is central. 10 min walk from train station, and for Norway, relatively reasonably priced. Don’t expect many amenities at all. Bare bones room are clean though, and the bathroom seems unusually large even compared to size of room. Could not figure out what was supposed to be happening in there with all the extra space haha. I digress. Breakfast is delivered to your door, and was not surprisingly meager, but at least it was whole wheat bread. In summary: Stay here if you don’t mind putting up with the basics for a night and being able to walk to the palace, waterfront, museums etc out your doorstep.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here alone for one night following a late arrival to Oslo (~11:30pm). The "on shift" receptionist was on the phone whilst the (I presume..) night shift receptionist was visible but unable to help the other hotel guest and myself waiting. Eventually, I checked in, took my key and was unable to access my room. I had to return to reception two more times because they continued to give me dud swipe cards. The receptionist actually came up the fourth time before I went down again to report yet another dud swipe card. Apparently his master card worked and we could enter my room BUT "we are f***ed, if the power doesn't work because we are fully booked out tonight- "great" I thought, I am an incredibly vulnerable person in Oslo, it is now midnight, where the hell am I meant to go if I can't stay in this room. Anyway lucky the power worked BUT if I wanted to go out, the receptionist would have to let me back into my room. What a liberty. The room itself was large by Scandinavian standards. The location was nice and central. I am hoping I didn't pay for the "free" hotel breakfast which was an incredibly basic ham and Kraft cheese sandwich (remember I couldn't leave my room for food) and a weird juice (as others have described). I'm on the fence about this one. My suggestion is for staff to attend a hospitality course or two.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Natasha A
Reviewed 11 June 2018

The hotel is close to the city centre. That´s only positive thing I can say. Hotel is old and staff were unfriendly. The tiles in the bathroom were broken. Bed was clean, but I had common door (locked) with another room and I was afraid all night. No value for money. Breakfast were in plastic bag on the door and were disgusting- only strange "juice" and poor sandwich with cheap margarine and ham.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Let me tell you that unlike in Stockholm, hotels in Oslo paints a very poor picture! Almost all hotels are below average and the rates are much higher than the average looking hotels in Stockholm. This hotel is probably worse, will never recommend to anyone. The rooms are musty, the shower area water comes to the entire bathroom and floods. Its yucky to be honest. the front area is musty. the breakfast (which is supposed to be included) is hanged on your room door, you just can imagine. Sleep on the payment, much better

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business