“Great food and service”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood, Norwegian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tromso's oldest restaurant in a manor house dating from 1837.Enjoy a gourmet dinner in historical and cozy surroundings.Open from 4pm. Sunday closed
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here on a Friday night. We were visiting from London. It is one of the best meals we have had. We had the 5-course menu with wine pairing.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

One of the best restaurants. We were so satisfied with delicious sea food risotto, porchini cream soup and so tender tuna fish. For nice quality food price is not high. I'd like to recommend for everyone who wish enjoy nice cuisine.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Found the whole food experience a little weird. Ordered the 5- course with beer menue. First course with king crab and lime veloute were very nice tasting. Found all of the other courses unbalanced and not as perfect as they looked. Exept the dessert which was lemoncrepes, it was very tasty. Ate together with 3 other friends and the raindeer where as overcooked as you can get it on all the plates. it was totally gray with no redness at all. What a shame..... The beer menue was also a little weird me and my friend got to share half a box or bottle of 33cl beer to every dish. And all the beers where normal mack beers that could be bougth in the grocey, it where just one beer from the mack microbrewery. Don't go here if you haven't tried out all the other fine dining restaurants in tromsø!

1  Thank Simen E
Reviewed 2 May 2016

We were visiting Tromso on the Easter weekend, and had trouble finding shops open for business. Very luckily for us, the Compagniet was open for lunch.
We had a cod risotto (lovely!) and a reindeer fillet (alright). Dessert at the neighbouring table looked beautiful but it was a pricey place so we skipped it.

1  Thank mshammie
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Is disapointing to do such a bad review when I'm having really good rememberings in this restaurant

After 2 starters, a main course, a dessert, 1 beer and 115euros I 'm hungry, it is just as if I had just had one starter

On the other hand the products used are good (not extremely good) and the recipes (??) don't exist, just a mix of things where non of the flavours has a purpose on the dish

There are really good restaurants in tromso but this is not one of them

The waiters were focused on 1)offering me winne every 5 minutes 2) clearing the void tables for the next days

1  Thank ignacio urcola t