“Great food”

Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We had lunch here on a Sunday and the food was great - simple and they weren't trying to be too fancy. The fish of the day was delicious and not too expensive. The only thing that let our dinner down was the service, the girl serving us was a little bit clueless, she forgot our drinks and just looked very uncomfortable. But we would definitely come back.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Thanks Bardus! You guys rock! I had one of the best meals of the year here!
I started off with the muscles cooked in a white wine sauce. Although the muscles were tasty they were not overwhelming.
I had the reindeer sirloin for a main course and this proved to be a very good choice. It was served raw in the middle but it was cooked to perfection. It was so tender that every delicious bite just melted on my tongue. The reindeer sirloin was served with brussel sprouts which were crispy and firm, a parsnip puree which was creamy and lingonberries which were fresh. I understood that Bardus sources almost all of their food locally.
For dessert I ordered the chocolate fondant with strawberry sorbet, fresh raspberries and a blackberry garnished with a citrus mint leaf. It also came with delicious pieces of cookie. It was to die for! One of the best desserts I’ve had in a long time. If I wasn’t in the restaurant I would have licked the dessert plate!!! Thanks again!
A very relaxed atmosphere and a well deserved meal.
The service was extremely helpful and friendly. I didn’t have a reservation but was accommodated for seating anyway.I would highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

On entering the restaurant, there was a really buzz to the place with people apparently really enjoying themselves. We were led to our table by the friendly waitress who, during our whole meal, was extremely helpful and polite.
For starters, we both had the ‘laks pastrami’, an excellent salmon dish which we both really enjoyed. On ordering the main course - ‘flattbiff av rein’ i.e. reindeer, we also ordered a bottle of their Cabernet Sauvignon which was a fine accompaniment to what was probably the best reindeer dish we have ever had. It was delicious!!
We were tempted to have a dessert given the quality of the food we had had but, given we were completely sated, we decided against it but are sure they would not have been a let down.
This was the third meal that we had had in Tromso and all were good but this was definitely the best!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Best local Norwegian food in town, no questions asked! Honest, home made, personal and above all tasty.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We went to Bardus for lunch and chose cod with fennel, chicken salad and a hamburger. The cod with fennel and broccoli looked very good and was absolutely delicious. Also the chicken salad and hamburger were really well prepared. Additionally service was really friendly and the waitress was really communicative.
Sitting outside on the terrace in beautiful weather made it our best lunch of the holiday. Thank you!