“Highly recommended ”

Scandic Grand Tromso
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Tromso
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here just one night during the Midnight Sun Marathon weekend, and I got a taste of the staff's excellent customer service. From the moment I checked in, the gentleman at the front desk was super helpful. I'd been given a nice enough (single) room with great views, but I pointed out that my booking was for a double room for single occupancy. I'd requested an upper storey room when booking, so the upper storey single room was the hotel's attempt to honour my request. Anyway, I was quickly moved to a double room on another floor without a hassle. ALL the other staff I came in contact with were very pleasant and helpful, including breakfast staff.

The room was lovely & quiet, with a super comfortable bed and pillows. Everything was very clean. Minor negatives were having a not so modern shower with a shower curtain - it really wasn't that bad, more a preference thing for me - I don't like shower curtains! There was also some hair on the draining hole of the shower. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but there's unlimited tea/coffee for hotel residents in the lounge area. If I come back to Tromsø I'll definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Location is very central & within walking distance of the usual touristy bits. Getting to & from the airport is very easy. I took the local bus option (bus 40), about 15mins ride from the airport - it stops down the road from the hotel - approx 6-8mins walk.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jules F
ResepsjonGrand, Receptionist at Scandic Grand Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Good evening and thank you so much for all your kind words, we really appreciate it!
We are super happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us during the Midnight Sun Marathon weekend. And I am also happy to hear that the room situation was fixed right away :) Hope to see you again soon!

On behalf of team Grand, Elizabeth (Receptionist)

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Before I arrived I asked if it was possible to have a room with a view and they promised to check if it was possible. So when I arrived I was given a room with a very nice room facing the harbour and with a great view of the mountains. Great service! The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was nice and plenty of it, the room was clean and what I expected. If you're not used to Scandic's style you may find it a bit empty of amenities. There are no little bottles of shampoo etc, no coffee making facilities in the room, no minibar and so on. But if you just want a comfy bed and a clean room with fluffy towels Scandic is just fine.

My one complaint would be that the wifi is not that great, the signal was a bit weak and whenever the phone or the tablet locked the wifi disconnected.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
ResepsjonGrand, Resepsjonist at Scandic Grand Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

We thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and we welcome you back if you ever visit Tromsø again. On behalf of team Grand, Elizabeth (Receptionist)

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We were a large group coming to Tromsø to experience this lovely city and tours. Hotel is centrally located and offers a great service as very well kept rooms, very good breakfast with multi choices that can satisfy all palates, free coffee and got drinks at lobby all day long and lovely and friendly staff. Good job

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
ResepsjonGrand, Receptionist at Scandic Grand Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Hello and thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Tromsø. We welcome you back again should you visit Tromsø in the furute. On behalf of Team Grand, Elizabeth (Receptionist)

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on our honeymoon. Room was lovely with a great view over the harbour and looking across the bridge on to the Polar Cathedral. Clean, roomy and heated floor in bathroom. Great breakfast.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ResepsjonGrand, Resepsjonist at Scandic Grand Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us on your honeymoon nonetheless! We welcome you back at any time. On behalf of Team Grand, Elizabeth (Receptionist)

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We were on honeymoon and the hotel was kind enough to give us a free upgrade to Junior suite! We were very shocked yet very happy about it! It was a pleasant surprise! The room was awesome and clean! We had a good view over to the harbour! It was snowing alot and cold outside but the room was very warm and toilet has heated flooring as well! It was a very nice stay! the only fault I can find is the cups in the room was too small. It's meant for the expresso but what about tea and hot water?

Breakfast
Good selection of food including the famous Norway brown cheese.

Location
Near to many meeting venues for tours. Flybussen bus (airport bus) stops here too!

Not so quiet room
We can people talking and laughing on the road. We are staying at level 7. This could be your concern if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple