All reviewsextra bedegon restaurantamazing breakfastfree nespresso coffeeharbour areabreakfast buffetbig roomcomfortable roomsother hotelschecking inironing boardfantastic locationvery nice hotelhighly recommend this hotelnorthern lightsgreat showermin walk
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a great location. It is new and very nicely decorated. The front room we had looked over the harbour.

The attached Egon restaurant is pretty average and I paid extra for fake guacamole on my nachos and it was inedible!

Breakfast, however, is superb! With everything and anything you want and so much choice even fir me who doesn’t eat gluten or drink milk.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
ThonNordlys, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Nordlys, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Gillian H,

Thank you so much for this great review regarding our location, breakfast and straffers!

Kine regards

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed for only one night in this house. An architectural nice building, however many rooms have their window towards the entry hall, which is - as all rooms are not fitted with any AC - unacceptable with regard to a fresh air circulation and having a calm sleep with an open window. Luckily the reception accepted my complain and gave me a new room! Maybe it should be considered to use this rooms in a different way or equip with a proper AC.

The rooms are all well equipped and maintained.

Especially to mention (again as in all Thon hotels): the rich and diverse breakfast buffet!

Strong recommendation!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
ThonNordlys, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Nordlys, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Pierre S:)

Thank you so much for this great review!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Short taxi ride from airport (120NOK), this hotel is located looking out over the harbour and sea. Walking distance to town and ferry port. Good staff, comfortable rooms with good beds, great shower and effective black out curtains gave a great nights sleep. Fantastic choice at breakfast and helpful staff. Highly recommend this hotel for a stopover on the way to Lofoten.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
ThonNordlys, General Manager at Thon Hotel Nordlys, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Andy H:)

Thank you so much for this great review regarding our location, guestrooms, breakfast and straffers!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Our group of 73 people took one hour to check-in as the hotel had one staff person and one trainee who had trouble with each step of my check-in and then tried to tell me that I wasn't in the hotel's loyalty program. The housekeeping staff left my door open to my room. The restaurant connected to the hotel would not take a drink order 27 minutes prior to the closer of the restaurant. This place is not customer friendly. The only high point was the breakfast which was quite good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
ThonNordlys, General Manager at Thon Hotel Nordlys, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Lonnie M,

I am so glad we already have solved this by mail, but I will, nevertheless, give you the reply here.

And again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we caused.

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while checking in to our hotel. It should not have taken one hour to get all of you checked in so I do apologies for that!

I have talked to my trainee and she did not intend to make you feel unwelcome. And she did not mean to argue about your membership. She tried her best and was a bit stressed because of all the people coming at once. This was a new experience for her, and I take the blame for that. I should have prepared her more. This is my responsibility.
Usually we are prepared when we have large groups checking in, but this time we obviously failed.

I am deeply sorry for that!

Your membership in our loyalty program is registered, but it can take up to 4-6 working days after you have checked out, before the points are available on your account.

Again, I do apologies for the bad experience, but I hope you believe me when I say that this is not standard for our hotel.

I also hope that we get the chance to welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Nordlys in the future, to show you that we appreciate all of our guests. We are well aware that the reason we are here is because of you.
And know that we take our guest feedback very seriously.

Kind Regards

Kristin Pettersen
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip. The breakfast was great with a lot of different options to choose from. In addition the lunch was also very good, with a good selection of desserts. The hotel is located right at the harbour with a great view, and it's only a short walk to a lot of different restaurants and bars. We had a conferece room on the 6th floor with quite a distracting view of the harbour. It was great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My room was nice and clean, but a little too warm. I had to open the window to get some air and that created some noise from the outside. Overall very happy with the hotel!

Room Tip: take a walk on the mole to see the sunset. just a short 5 min walk from the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
ThonNordlys, General Manager at Thon Hotel Nordlys, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear _Cato_nor:)