“Recommendable”
Review of Scandic Vadso

Scandic Vadso
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vadso
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Very friendly stuff, clean and good size rooms, clean and quite
absulut great breakfast
situated in lovely possision at the little harbour village
price and service balanced
not the last time we will stay over night and next time we would also like to eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 February 2017

Dear Agnes, thank you for taking time to write us your review. It was very nice to read that you were happy about your stay here in lovely Varanger and at our hotel. Our staff will be happy to read such a nice feedback and we do hope that we get the chance to to welcome you back again.

All the best
Team Scandic Vadsø
general manger

Reviewed 10 January 2017

I read reviews before going and I can not believe the bad reviews the hotel has received. I told the receptionist I have come for a little 24 hour break to get some rest and I was given a lovely little suite with a sitting area and desk in one room and a separate bedroom with a large, comfortable double bed and enormous soft pillows, and the bathroom was lovely, big and newly refurbished. The suite was clean, comfortable, nicely decorated and had a kettle and coffee / tea and a small fridge. I only had breakfast at the hotel which was lovely and had everything you could ask for. I received excellent service from the staff throughout my stay and I got what I came for - a lovely break from a busy life.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Management response:Responded 12 January 2017

Dear Piritta.
Thank you for your very nice review, it was very pleasant to read. We are really glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. Me and my staff are working every day to make sure all of our guests are pleased with our hotel and our service.

Thank you and you are most welcome back!

Best regard

Reviewed 10 January 2017

The only way to avoid this hotel, is to avoid Vadsø, and that would be the best idea. Rooms are terribly small, and a strange feature is that the toilets are placed too close to the wall to secure comfortable usage of the said equipment. Seems like this applies to all the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 12 January 2017

Dear Jørund, thank your for reveiw. I'm very sorry that you was not pleased with your stay at our hotel. You are right that we have some small rooms. Nevertheless we are working very hard to maintain a high standard, this is also a reason why we this year will renovate most of our rooms.

If you one day decide that you would come back to Vadsø and our hotel, you are most welcome. Please send me an email so I could upgrade your rom. My email: anita.svortevik@scandichotels.com.

All the best

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I spent 3 days at this hotell on a business trip. As far as I am concerned this is the only place to stay in Vadsø as long as you don't live here. The hotell was refurbished not long ago and is relative modern with everything you need like wifi and tv. The food is good, the breakfast espescially. I even tried the restaurant and just loved "Fish & chips ala Vadsø". Fried cod tunge and pommes frites, very good! The staff is friendly and will help you with the most. Recomended for a stay in eastern Finnmark.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Anita Elisabeth N, General Manager at Scandic Vadso, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Per, thank you so much for you'r review. It was a pleasure to read that you had a nice stay at our hotel, we are working every day to make sure that our guests are feeling welcomed and cared for. I hope that you one day will return to Vadsø and you are most welcome back!

Best regards

Reviewed 20 September 2016

The hotel is located in the center of the town, close to everything.

If you are used to large hotels in large metropoles, you might be a bit disappointed when entering the lobby. But there is no reason for this. Up in the northern part of Norway you will be met by most hospital persons there is.

The standard on the rooms are nice. We had a plate with fresh fruits waiting for us in our room. The room was nice, with a view to the harbor area. Nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. All was quiet and calm, and we could really relax here.

The bar located half a story below the reception had a nice atmosphere, and the staff was helpful and skillful.

There is free parking outside the hotel, but the spaces might be taken during the high season, and the festival.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Anita Elisabeth N, General Manager at Scandic Vadso, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Sir, thank you for such a lovely feedback and it was a pleasure to read that you were so pleased about your stay at our hotel. We are working every day to make sure that our guests are feeling welcomed and cared for. I hope that you one day will return to Vadsø and you are most welcome!

Best regards
general manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vadso
40.2 km away
0.8 km away
Vadso Fjordhotell AS
Vadso Fjordhotell AS
#1 of 1 in Vadso

Been to Scandic Vadso? Share your experiences!