All reviews great hotel du verden small room the ground floor one night great view street stuff selection harbour breakfast receptionist beds parking
Reviewed 28 July 2018

This was a really great hotel. My room was warm and clean, my bed was very comfortable and I had a view of the harbour and the town. The bus from the airport stopped outside and the hotel was right on the harbour. The food was really good, plenty of choice and variety. The staff were all very polite and friendly. The hotel was really central for the town. All that would have made my stay perfect would have been a kettle in my room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night.
Cuz my flight to Oslo was accidentally cancelled, the airline offered a room there to me.
The room was not bad, but there were only a small window and a weak ceiling light. Although it was the season of the midnight sun, I had some trouble in reading the letter from the airline cuz of the small window and the weak light.
Now, the cafe on the ground floor was pretty good. I enjoyed breakfast there.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2018

The newest hotel in town and probably the best. Quite small rooms, but adequate for short stays. The restaurant is also porbably the best in town, we had dinner there both days. The location is great, that why I give it ****

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Good value for money for a single occupant, maybe small for a couple. This is a fairly new and modern hotel, cheap rates, located along the quay side of Hammerfest.
The breakfast had good and fairly wide selections of fruit, bread cold cut and spreads. The restaurant had good food to reasonable prices.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Smart is only how you feel once you book this hotel because you think you made a great deal... instead you just made a mistake! Rooms are so small that a twin bed fits without any extra space. This is so true that you cannot even open you luggage when alone, immagine in two! The bathroom is so compressed that the sink is 20 cm long making it difficult to even wash you face.
Apart from the room, we could not have coffe because the coffe macchine was out of order.
Most important, this hotel does not come for free but for €101/night not including breakfast and parking....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Smartvert S, General Manager at Smarthotel Hammerfest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry that you feel that you mad a mistake booking a room with us.
I can see that we didn't meet your expectations, from what i can understod you booket online? We have clear information about our rooms with photos, breakfast and parking situation on all the booking sites online.

We have 3 different type rooms.
Single/doublerooms 10,5 m2 (you booked this)
Superior rooms 19,0 m2
Studio Apartments 25-30 m2

Norway in general is a high cost country so 101€ is not a high rate, most city hotels in norway don't have there own parking due to city regulations (in Hammerfest the county is in charge of all public parking).

I apologize for the coffee machine that was out of order, unfortunately up here above the polar circle issues like this is not fixed in a few hours like in major cities. Due to parts take 3-7 working days to arrive.

What could we have done differently?

I'm all for fair and justified feedback, but you feedback isn't fair and justified.
I hope that you in the future use just 1 minute to read what you book, this could clear up all of the above confusion.

Regards