“Fusion, Sushi, Sashimi and more”
Review of Shiki

Shiki
Ranked #196 of 4,678 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$11 - US$101
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: SHIKI Japanese Fine Dining | Brasserie | Bar in the city center of Vienna offers its guests contemporary authentic Japanese cuisine with European accents and first-class service. A drink and a light snack at the bar, a simple lunch and our famous contemporary sushi in the brasserie, or a multi-course dinner in the restaurant’s fine dining room. For LUNCH we offer 3 different Bento-Boxes (also vegan), as well as specialities like Wagyu Burger, homemade Ramen Noodle Soup, Sukiyaki Donburi, different salads, sushi and sashimi. You can enjoy these dishes from 12.00 am all day long.
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Food is fine, service somewhat slow, and design omnipresent. A little less of all would do, but the place is worth a visit anyhow. Ask for fresh Wasabi - heavenly.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We ate in the Brasserie section of the restaurant. Although we had a nice meal and evening, I do feel this restaurant is overpriced and not as good as you think it will be given the very lavish and expensive look it portrays.

Some staff were friendly but some I found to be quite rude and stand off'ish. My meat was cooked very rare even though I asked it to be medium and when I asked them to cook it some more it was as if I had insulted them. They made me feel quite silly and embarrassed for asking which is not the response I would expect when paying the amount they charge.

We did have a nice meal and a pleasant evening in the Brasserie, but do not think you are going to experience "fine dining" and lower your expectations as they do not match the price or look/feel of the restaurant.

3  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Omg i love this! Delicious sushi and beautiful serve. This is the best sushi i try! Really amazing food, i find it on tripadvisor, see how nice is on photos and come. I didn't regret it. Its a little bit expensive for me, but IT was totally worth it. This restaurant is beautiful and modern. I definetly recommend this place for dinner :)

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We planned anniversary in this restaurant - made reservation one months in advance and we arrived we have got the worst place - in the corner next to noisy barmen and coffee machine. with low tables. But we ordered area of fine dining.
Food was full frustration - this is not japanese food (just cheap horrible copy of something in japan style - I spent a lot of time in Japan and I know what I talk about).
Sushi - it impossible to eat. Main courses were shameful for chef. Waiters are rude. service is really really BED.
but the mane problem is that it is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE - we paid EUR 190 for 2 miso sups, set of sushi, bottle of wine, bottle of water. And this is really too much for stuff that we even could not finish.

5  Thank Alexander R
Shikivienna, Owner at Shiki, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear Customer,
At a large restaurant like Shiki, which serves about 200 covers a day, there is always a small possibility of human misunderstandins or miscommunications occuring. As the owner of Shiki, I truly apologise to you, if you thought you had booked a table in the fine dining area of our restaurant while a reservation was made in our brasserie & bar area.
Apart from that, I am very surprised that you destested our food while you gave the highest marks to another excellent Asian restaurant in town, whose owner-chef is in fact one of our regular guests and really likes our food.....
As regard to your critism about our prices, I can assure you that we spend more than 30% of the income on the ingredients, and over 45% on staff, which makes our pricing more than fair. In any case, all four major restaurant guides in Austria have rated our food to be one of the best Asian in the country, and we are very proud to have a huge number of local repeat guests.
Yours sincerely,
J.H.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

While we sat at the sushi bar and watched the sushi being made, we ordered the house specialties, which were fantastic. This was our most expensive meal of the trip, but worth it.