1,617 results
All reviews museum quarter small luxury hotel private spa nespresso machine original art eggs cooked to order studio room breakfast room small balcony sauna and steam room busy shopping street perfect location lovely hotel main shopping within walking distance minute walk walked everywhere
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Excellent location on famous shopping street Mariahilfestrasse, just few steps from U-Bahn (Metro, Subway), one block from the Museum Quarters, two blocks from the Opera etc.
Despite windows facing lively shopping street, the very good sound proofing made the room very quiet. Had good sleeps. Good beds, though not quite five stars. Too much room fragnance used all over the place which irritated us a bit. Could use without it as everything was very clean. Good breakfast but again not quite five stars.
Still, nothing to complain really. Everything very good, location excellent. Good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Helena_Ramsbacher, Inhaber at Hotel Das Tyrol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Mr. Jaatinen,

Thank you so much for your excellent review!
We are very glad to read that you enjoyed so much the location, the sound proving, good beds, cleanlyness and good breakfast.
You mentioned that some services are not realy 5star and we felt honoured because we actually we have 4 stars for our hotel. But if you felt nearly 5 star, we are more than happy for this little misunderstanding.

We hope to see you soon again in Vienna,

Helena Ramsbacher, Owner and General Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Convenient location, attention to details, great toilet products, excellent breakfast..what else?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cristina L
Reviewed 5 April 2012

A great little hotel in a fantastic location. Comfortable rooms that are nice and quiet. Good coffee and cholocate in the room, and good breakfast. The spa is excellent and a very nice feature for couples. Friendly and personal service from all the staff. Very difficult to fault.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beadman75
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times. The rooms are lovely, the location is perfect (right across from the major museums) and the price is great. I would, however, just say that in spite of being a frequent guest at the hotel I've always been treated by the front desk as if I'm a total stranger. It's a bit odd. I travel frequently for the U.N. and the World Bank and Vienna is the stop-over for my work sites in Armenia and Romania - so again, I'm in Vienna all the time. I stopped booking at this hotel because of it. I would, however, recommend you try it. It's a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The elevator is tiny and the stairwell is also tiny - so don't carry much luggage. And don't expect any help from the front desk with storing it. They won't. They'll be polite, but firm.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SusanTWood

Dear Mrs. Wood,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in our arthotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our central location and the good value for money.
We were unlucky to read that our reception desk failed to treat you as a frequent guest. As it is our ultimate ambition to make guest feel at home away from home, we spoke with all our employees to reniew and remember again this philosophy.
We would be very happy to have the opportuntiy to welcome you again in our Small Luxury Hotel Das Tyrol.

Helena Ramsbacher, Owner and General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2012

So..... 30 rooms, friendly staff, excellent location.

It has the coolest elevator, Donald duck oils on the wall and a Steam Room and Sauna you can reserve for your own use. Lovely rooms and complimentary Nespresso Coffee.

For the price this place was a steal, if you don't stay here on your next Vienna trip. You are a fool. Truly a small gem.

Close to all the transport hubs (U Bahn / Tram ) and also close to the market, easy walk to the Opera House.

One thing I promised myself I would put in the review....Sorry to say, the Prater is a dump, the park might be nice, but the Amusement Park itself is dirty and smelly and is no different to any other Amusement Park anywhere. We got out of the there pretty smartly and went to the river. ;-)

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet, the double glazed windows cut out all street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple